Windows 10: Possible hacking???

Discus and support Possible hacking??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been stalked recently by a man who is an IT professional. He knew way more about me than he could have unless he had hacked my iPhone and/or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JulezDee, Aug 1, 2020.

1. JulezDee Win User

Possible hacking???

I have been stalked recently by a man who is an IT professional. He knew way more about me than he could have unless he had hacked my iPhone and/or Windows laptop, which I hotspot to my phone as I live in the country and sloooow mobile is the only internet I can get.

Of course it could be someone else who wants my bank details or I could just be paranoid because this guy has made me so nervous with his weird phone calls, which I've now blocked. However, from things I've read on Professor Google, it appears my iPhone may have malware. Sometimes I pick it up after not using it for hours and it feels hot and the battery has depleted excessively for my use and the time period since its last charge.

So I bought an anti-virus/malware program and put it on both devices but it kept happening. That's when I noticed that the malware program would be held up for ages on the laptop on a Users program .... DismHost.exe, so I searched for it but couldn't find it?! Professor Google then informed me that this is a normal MS Windows media program but one which is vulnerable to malware. THEN, when I went to hotspot my phone to the laptop, when I opened up wifi on the laptop, it said I was already connected to a "Hidden Network", which disappeared as I watched it. AND THEN a few days later I noticed my iPhone had me connected to an unknown network too. I live on a rural block too far from anyone else to have picked up someone else's internet service, even if I knew their password.

I really am concerned that someone is intruding into my life and spying on me or trying to rip me off. Buying the expensive antivirus/malware program doesn't seem to have helped at all. I would appreciate the views of others more knowledgeable about such things before I spend even more money taking them to an IT professional.

:)

JulezDee, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 1, 2020
  3. X800 GTO² to X850 XT BIOS Mod

powercolor x800gto

Is it possible to do the modding from the article here step by step with this card and have it work?
    It's not sapphire and it isn't named gto2.

Any suggestions?

I surely hope so because I just ordered the Powercolor x800gto !

cheers
    Michael

Unregistered, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Possible hacking???

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Possible hacking???

1. Possible hacking??? - Similar Threads - Possible hacking

2. Possibly hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possibly hacked: I got an email saying I logged in from the US. This is not correct. I don't have access to my authenticator app as my phone was stolen guess this is related to the login from the US as well I'm located in Budapest, Hungary. Cheers, Tor...
  3. Possibly hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possibly hacked: I got an email saying I logged in from the US. This is not correct. I don't have access to my authenticator app as my phone was stolen guess this is related to the login from the US as well I'm located in Budapest, Hungary. Cheers, Tor...
  4. Possible hacking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible hacking: Hi, I keep getting texts from microsoft with a verification code, 5 in the last 24hrs. I haven't signed into anything I'd normally get a verification code for and now I've had a phone call that I didn't answer, but when I looked up the number, it seems to be microsoft trying...
  5. Possible hacking

Possible hacking: Hi, I keep getting texts from microsoft with a verification code, 5 in the last 24hrs. I haven't signed into anything I'd normally get a verification code for and now I've had a phone call that I didn't answer, but when I looked up the number, it seems to be microsoft trying...
  6. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  7. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  8. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my Folder E: Possible Hack or Virus sth? - Window 10

9. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...
  10. Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus

Unknown Folders and Files Appear in my OneDrive. Possible Hack or Virus: Hi there.There is strange folder appear on my Folder E: yesterday The folder name is "dce7337580918db4d51ca95ef9" and size of approximately 726 MBSo my question is 1. Is it a important folder and is it possible a hacking or virus?2. Can I deleting this folder?If someone can...