Windows 10: Possible identity theft

Discus and support Possible identity theft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG]Is this real? I tried going into my security to scan possible threats and the scan came back as 0 threats. Im not sure what to do. I did call... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CeceliaMitchell, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Possible identity theft

Possible identity theft [​IMG]Is this real? I tried going into my security to scan possible threats and the scan came back as 0 threats. Im not sure what to do. I did call the number that is on the screen, but it was busy.

:)

CeceliaMitchell, Nov 16, 2020

2. My Identity has been stolen, please help

Identity theft or compromised accounts, like email, facebook and such?

Identity theft is a serious business and it can not be solved without police and an attorney.

Depending on the country of residence, there are various steps: https://www.identitytheft.gov

TairikuOkami, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Identity theft password theft pop up warning of attempt.

Thanks for the images, they help a lot! I’d suggest that these popups are malware and as you said, an attempt at identity theft. You’ve done well to not enter your username and password.

Try running scans with the below apps to remove the malware, and the popups should go away:

Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET

AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

Let me know how you go!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Possible identity theft

Identity theft, help!

I have been a victim of Identity Theft I need to get the update for my phone now. Once again I fell for it I was Instant messaged from not windows, but someone I need to update all of my passwords and my phone #'s changed. My computer has Windows 8 on it.
    Thank you every one so much!!!! Now I'm very paranoid, I'm very upset and cannot concentrate on any thing a soon as th Computer is Safe and a virus scanner is on I will connect. I am setting my phone back to factory settings !st.

Mike and SheilaKuzo, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Possible identity theft

1. Possible identity theft - Similar Threads - Possible identity theft

2. What to do when computer is locked because of identity theft

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What to do when computer is locked because of identity theft: My computer is locked and a security message that says ip address was used without consent.How do I handle this issue?<Changed to a question>***moved from Outlook/Windows/New Outlook for Windows/For home***...
  3. Is there a way to get through to a real person regarding an identity theft attempt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get through to a real person regarding an identity theft attempt?: Hi there. We have been getting repeated one-time verification emails verified as coming from the Account Security address at MSFT for an account that we did not create. I have been trying for a month now to report this issue to Microsoft so as to get the account either closed...
  4. Is there a way to get through to a real person regarding an identity theft attempt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get through to a real person regarding an identity theft attempt?: Hi there. We have been getting repeated one-time verification emails verified as coming from the Account Security address at MSFT for an account that we did not create. I have been trying for a month now to report this issue to Microsoft so as to get the account either closed...
  5. IDENTITY THEFT. AND I CANT GET ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT TO ANSWER THE PHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDENTITY THEFT. AND I CANT GET ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT TO ANSWER THE PHONE: I HAVE HAD MY IDENTITY STOLEN AND YOU PEOPLE CANT ANSWER THE PHONE. IVE SPENT THE PAST HOUR TRYING TO REACH YOU. THIS IS ABSURD. I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER THATS NOT GOING TO DISCONNECT ME. OR I DONT KNOW. CALL ME. THERE IS AN IDEA. IM SURE YOU WONT. BUT ON THE...
  6. IDENTITY THEFT. AND I CANT GET ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT TO ANSWER THE PHONE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IDENTITY THEFT. AND I CANT GET ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT TO ANSWER THE PHONE: I HAVE HAD MY IDENTITY STOLEN AND YOU PEOPLE CANT ANSWER THE PHONE. IVE SPENT THE PAST HOUR TRYING TO REACH YOU. THIS IS ABSURD. I NEED SOMEONE TO GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER THATS NOT GOING TO DISCONNECT ME. OR I DONT KNOW. CALL ME. THERE IS AN IDEA. IM SURE YOU WONT. BUT ON THE...
  7. ultraviewer Trojan virus, Identity theft, IP replication scam

ultraviewer Trojan virus, Identity theft, IP replication scam: Today while going through My feed of Microsoft edge I clicked on some sort of news like some celebrities might not be rich. Upon clicking it a tab opened with a pop-up asking me to reach out 1 866 306 6070 my laptop was infected by Trojan virus closing the browser or shutting...
  8. Employment Scam that leads to Identity Theft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Employment Scam that leads to Identity Theft: Hey Microsoft community,I have been scammed before in the past and have had numerous men on a dating websites POF try and scam me. I recently took a class on computer safety/security class so could teach my kids about protecting themselves against hackers and learned all...
  9. Identity Theft, Security on my Windows 10 PC

Identity Theft, Security on my Windows 10 PC: Recently I was a victim of Identity Theft. I got a call from this guy who said he worked for Microsoft. Like a fool I let him remotely access on of my other Windows 10 PCs. Can anyone suggest how I can better protect myself. I signed up with Identity Guard. Another question...
  10. Identity theft password theft pop up warning of attempt.

Identity theft password theft pop up warning of attempt.: Almost every time I click on a news feed article I will get an immediate pop up with stop_critical_process_died error report. Security system has detected the threatening attempt to gain access to your bank logins and related. yada yada yada. The server...