Windows 10: Possible infection of pc

Discus and support Possible infection of pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having ended a scam telephone call from 'Microsoft', the next time I turned on my pc I saw (very briefly) a black window in the middle of the screen,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DenisHands, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Possible infection of pc

Having ended a scam telephone call from 'Microsoft', the next time I turned on my pc I saw (very briefly) a black window in the middle of the screen, with what appeared to me to be programming language typed on it. Of course, this might be a coincidence. Any opinions or advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

:)

DenisHands, Dec 4, 2018
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Dec 4, 2018
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Beep01 Win User

Possible infection of pc

Possible infected PC

Andre;

looks like, after I followed your last instructions, My PC seems to be coming around OK. After I did a complete Scan with "Malwarebytes" a report was generated, there was 90 items listed. Following is the items that appeared.

61 of the items said "PUP.OPTIONAL.ASK. GENERIC"

39 of the items said "PUP.OPTIONAL.REIMAGE"

Should I just Quarantine or delete these items ? by this process do you believe that this might help with my original problem ?. Are the above items detrimental to my PC ?.

Every other function that I completed, on your instructions list, seem to be checking out with NO errors or indications of infections.

I thank you very much for your assist.

I am sending you 5 Kudos. My problem is solved.

Thanks Again

Beep01, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Possible infection of pc

1. Possible infection of pc - Similar Threads - Possible infection

2. Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?: Hello, apologies if this isn't the correct place to be asking this, but my question is basically the title; To make a long story short, a friend of mine had their email account compromised, and I, being unaware of this ended up downloading some malicious files I thought were...
  3. Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?: Hello, apologies if this isn't the correct place to be asking this, but my question is basically the title; To make a long story short, a friend of mine had their email account compromised, and I, being unaware of this ended up downloading some malicious files I thought were...
  4. Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?: I recently visited a site then a file was automatically downloaded as a crdownload the ask me what to do with each download feature was active on Edge. I scanned the file with m.defender and it was clean. Is it possible that I have infection?...
  5. Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?: I recently visited a site then a file was automatically downloaded as a crdownload the ask me what to do with each download feature was active on Edge. I scanned the file with m.defender and it was clean. Is it possible that I have infection?...
  6. Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?

7. Possibility of infecting a virus

Possibility of infecting a virus: I decided to format my pc because of malware infection.If i create iso file to create a bootable USB on same machine, can the malware enter into the bootable USB and infect into machine that I am going to install windows after disk format ??...
  8. Possible sign of infection from windows power utility output powercfg

Possible sign of infection from windows power utility output powercfg: Intro: Hi, let me start by saying I'm a cybersecurity major, and I've found something quite odd and nerve wracking on my main Windows 10 Education machine. I'm very sorry that this post is so long, I know that this is not an effective way to get help, but I also want to leave...
  9. Possible PC infection and on social media

Possible PC infection and on social media: Dear Team,I have always updated updates for my computer and am very satisfied with my PC. I have got the latest update on my computer and even BIOS updated. For the past few weeks, I am having a hard time recovering my PC. My PC default apps are missing and I have tried...
  10. Possible PC infection and on social media

Possible PC infection and on social media: Dear Team,I have always updated updates for my computer and am very satisfied with my PC. I have got the latest update on my computer and even BIOS updated. For the past few weeks, I am having a hard time recovering my PC. My PC default apps are missing and I have tried...