Windows 10: Possible Issue with my new build, various things. Rebooting, Cpu Freq.

Discus and support Possible Issue with my new build, various things. Rebooting, Cpu Freq. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I recently put together a new pc, well semi-new, new motherboard/cpu. Its a Ryzen 7 3700x, I have a few questions and I was unsure of which section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scyris, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Scyris Win User

Possible Issue with my new build, various things. Rebooting, Cpu Freq.

So I recently put together a new pc, well semi-new, new motherboard/cpu. Its a Ryzen 7 3700x, I have a few questions and I was unsure of which section excatly to put this in so I figured general is the best spot. Like just want some assurance that this is normal and I am not being paranoid especially about question 2.

1: When I reboot my pc, it sits at that screen that says "Rebooting" with the circles going around in well a circle for 12-20 seconds, my previous hardware never did this and pretty much started the reboot right away, Its this a thing with Ryzen cpu's? or is there a setting somewhere I need to alter for a faster reboot? Once it does restart, it loads up fast its just the period from when I hit restart to it actually restarts seems abnormally long. For reference this is a link to the motherboard I have: Asus Prime X570-P Desktop Motherboard... PRIME X570-P from Mike's Computer Shop > PC Components > Motherboards and for the cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Octa-core... 100-100000071BOX from Mike's Computer Shop > PC Components > Processors / CPUs

2: Is a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu supposed to constantly switch what frequency/ghz its running at? Like I've looked at it under cpu-z and such, and the cpu frequency is jumping all over the place and it never sits in 1 spot, it also causes the fan to constantly change speeds and make way more noise than it should be even when the pc is idle.

Windows version is 1903, but its been doing the reboot thing since I first installed windows and its been updated to 1903.

:)

Scyris, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Scyris Win User

So I recently put together a new pc, well semi-new, new motherboard/cpu. Its a Ryzen 7 3700x, I have a few questions and I was unsure of which section excatly to put this in so I figured general is the best spot. Like just want some assurance that this is normal and I am not being paranoid especially about question 2.

1: When I reboot my pc, it sits at that screen that says "Rebooting" with the circles going around in well a circle for 12-20 seconds, my previous hardware never did this and pretty much started the reboot right away, Its this a thing with Ryzen cpu's? or is there a setting somewhere I need to alter for a faster reboot? Once it does restart, it loads up fast its just the period from when I hit restart to it actually restarts seems abnormally long. For reference this is a link to the motherboard I have: Asus Prime X570-P Desktop Motherboard... PRIME X570-P from Mike's Computer Shop > PC Components > Motherboards and for the cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Octa-core... 100-100000071BOX from Mike's Computer Shop > PC Components > Processors / CPUs

2: Is a Ryzen 7 3700x cpu supposed to constantly switch what frequency/ghz its running at? Like I've looked at it under cpu-z and such, and the cpu frequency is jumping all over the place and it never sits in 1 spot, it also causes the fan to constantly change speeds and make way more noise than it should be even when the pc is idle.

Windows version is 1903, but its been doing the reboot thing since I first installed windows and its been updated to 1903.

Scyris, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Scyris Win User

Clean install, wiped the ssd and did a fresh install on a blank ssd, I even didn't connect my storage drive till win10 was installed and updated just in case. Well I can get rid of the worry about my cpu frequency constantly changing since thats apparently normal for the 3000 series, so thats one thing I was worried about gone, the restarting thing is not that big a deal, I am just not used to it taking so long. I also reset my bios to defaults as you suggested, then saved it and everything seems fine. I'll mark this as solved, as the restarting thing is probably nothing to worry about, it just takes longer than I am used to.

Scyris, Aug 22, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

I'm a pretty literal-minded person. I've never seen Windows display a message "rebooting" when it's rebooting; it's "restarting" for me.

The time to restart for me seems to vary a great deal, but I have never timed it.

Yes, a Ryzen 3 varies its CPU frequency constantly. The cores may also run at diffent frequencies. I'm a bit surprised that the CPU fan is also varying a lot, but I don't use one. I use an all-in-one liquid cooler. It doesn't vary its fan speed greatly under load, although it does vary.

bobkn, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Possible Issue with my new build, various things. Rebooting, Cpu Freq. - Similar Threads - Possible Issue build

2. Internet disconnects from various things

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnects from various things: I mainly play wow on pc and I've had this issue for a while now where I disconnect from wow and whole internet if I play youtube videos or load new internet pages in general. So far i've just tried to not do these things while I play, but sometimes while waiting something I...
  3. Internet disconnects from various things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects from various things: I mainly play wow on pc and I've had this issue for a while now where I disconnect from wow and whole internet if I play youtube videos or load new internet pages in general. So far i've just tried to not do these things while I play, but sometimes while waiting something I...
  4. Internet disconnects from various things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Various issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various issues: I'm having several issues out of my computer on the Win 10 Home 64 bit version. On startup, frequently none of the shortcuts for the apps I keep on my taskbar will pull up, start menu will not pull up, anything pertaining to Windows or Microsoft will not pull up, I.E. Apps,...
  6. New PC build unstable running Directx12 possible hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC build unstable running Directx12 possible hardware issue: I completed this build about a week ago but recently have started to notice instability when gaming. When playing World of Warcraft in DX12, the game will minimize every so often and sometimes the mouse cursor will go away. When trying Minecraft RTX, the screen will turn...
  7. various different BSOD on new PC build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    various different BSOD on new PC build: I built a PC a little more than a week ago. Within the first few days, I was having recurring issues with blue screens, seemingly a different error every time. Some of the errors I recall are System_Service_Exception, Critical_Process_Died, Kernel_Mode_Head_Corruption,...
  8. Various Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various Issues: Hello, I am having quite a bit of trouble with various things and I am not too sure how to proceed. An overview of my situation: - Unable to check for updates within the settings app. I am given an error code when I try to check 0x80080005. - When I click on "Advanced...
  9. CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Running High Freq... Constantly??: Since installing 10, my CPU seems to be running ~130% frequency continuously. This isn't necessarily awful, but it is running my temps ~18°C higher than idle should be (mid 50s vs high 30s). Checked power options, all is as it should be. CPU utilization is around 2% at idle....
  10. Various BSOD errors on new build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSOD errors on new build: So since putting together my first Intel build I have been getting all sorts of BSOD errors when booting up my computer. They seem to change pretty often but some of the most common ones have been: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BAD_POOL_HEADER SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED...