Windows 10: Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.

Discus and support Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I apologize for flying blind here (no screenshots). I was on a friend's computer at her house and I could not remember my password for Windows Forums.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Outsider418, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.

I apologize for flying blind here (no screenshots). I was on a friend's computer at her house and I could not remember my password for Windows Forums.

She has a budget laptop for work. She has 4GB of ram and running on an i3.

I say possible issues with Cortana, because when I get on the task manager, 54% of her RAM is being used by general system processes, and Cortana is using over 100 megs of RAM, even though she never uses Cortana and the task manager shows it as disabled.

Is there any way to make it so that Cortana is not using RAM while it's disabled? She does not have that type of RAM to go around.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Outsider418, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.

windows 10 Cortana

Hi Carmentaylor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.

1. Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Possible issues Cortana

2. Issue with Cortana

in Cortana
    Issue with Cortana: My Cortana is not showing the notebook option. I have tried settings but there is no option related to notebook. Can you please help. I am also sharing a screenshot of my problem.[ATTACH]...
  3. cortana issue

in Cortana
    cortana issue: Hi I am Charan I have updated Cortana to the latest version but still it shows that "Wake word Cortana " is not available do I have a issue in windows Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-issue/70b81440-1694-4c78-a27f-6353f497e895
  4. Issue with cortana

in Cortana
    Issue with cortana: Hi Everyone, I have this issue with using Cortana, where it won't open up when I am in the START full screen. It works fine when I am in another window or when using START small screen. Looking for a way to fix this glitch, it would be great if anyone could help me to...
  5. Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Possible Corruption Issue: Hello, Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me in resolving my Windows 10 issue. On Nov 11th I allowed a Windows 10 update to post over night. On Nov 12th my machine, posted to Windows with no issues. After a few hours I noticed a performance slow down....
  6. Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible issues with Cortana on Windows 10.: I apologize for flying blind here (no screenshots). I was on a friend's computer at her house and I could not remember my password for Windows Forums. She has a budget laptop for work. She has 4GB of ram and running on an i3. I say possible issues with Cortana, because...
  7. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?: I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824
  8. Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it Possible to Disable Cortana?: I've read that trying to remove cortana from win 10 will break windows. But is it possible to disable cortana? 122824
  9. Cortana Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Issues: I am having trouble with Cortana. It will work at first and for a while and then it will not open the web pages. It makes the sound like it is going to go to the web page but it does not. What can I do to "debug" this issue? I can still use the search by typing it in and it...
  10. Windows 10 possible network issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 possible network issues?: Currently have Windows 7 machines running with no issues, specifically with an application that's available only on the local LAN. Upgraded two machines to Windows 10 and now this same application is crashing if left idle for say an hour (time hasn't been exactly determined...