Windows 10: Possible malware

Discus and support Possible malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am completely freaking out and was hoping for some expert advice. I was going to download something from the internet through mega, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zachJG, Jun 22, 2021.

1. zachJG Win User

Possible malware

Hello, I am completely freaking out and was hoping for some expert advice. I was going to download something from the internet through mega, but without realising it I was redirected to another site which made me download an exe file not my best day. As I proceed and thought that it was part of the installation, I quickly realized it was the wrong software as they wanted me to install "Audacity". I cancel the installation, but when I go to delete the exe file , it was gone. Evidently, I start panicking as I had allowed it to make changes to my computer. I start by looking everywhere fo

:)

zachJG, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

Possible malware

Le Boule, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Possible malware

1. Possible malware - Similar Threads - Possible malware

2. Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?: Hello, apologies if this isn't the correct place to be asking this, but my question is basically the title; To make a long story short, a friend of mine had their email account compromised, and I, being unaware of this ended up downloading some malicious files I thought were...
  3. Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to make sure all traces of a malware infection have been removed from my PC?: Hello, apologies if this isn't the correct place to be asking this, but my question is basically the title; To make a long story short, a friend of mine had their email account compromised, and I, being unaware of this ended up downloading some malicious files I thought were...
  4. Transfering Windows to SSD, from bios to EFI, possible malware mitigation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Windows to SSD, from bios to EFI, possible malware mitigation: I have a 8 tb HDD + 6 TB HDD + 1TB SSD. The C and D drive with possible malware in the D drive in the 6TB HDD, and Z drive in the 1TB SSD. Currently booting in Bios, but I think I can boot with EFI if I configure this correctly.I need to move the data on the 1TB SSD Z drive...
  5. Transfering Windows to SSD, from bios to EFI, possible malware mitigation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering Windows to SSD, from bios to EFI, possible malware mitigation: I have a 8 tb HDD + 6 TB HDD + 1TB SSD. The C and D drive with possible malware in the D drive in the 6TB HDD, and Z drive in the 1TB SSD. Currently booting in Bios, but I think I can boot with EFI if I configure this correctly.I need to move the data on the 1TB SSD Z drive...
  6. Transfering Windows to SSD, from bios to EFI, possible malware mitigation

7. Trojan Malware possible false positive help please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Malware possible false positive help please: So recently I received a windows threat protection notice for a severe level Trojan:Win32/Malgent. It says it was "blocked", and I removed it the second I got the notification, so the files it said were affected are no longer on my pc windows 10. I did extensive research on...
  8. Trojan Malware possible false positive help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Malware possible false positive help please: So recently I received a windows threat protection notice for a severe level Trojan:Win32/Malgent. It says it was "blocked", and I removed it the second I got the notification, so the files it said were affected are no longer on my pc windows 10. I did extensive research on...
  9. Trojan Malware possible false positive help please

10. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: Recently a computer vendor installed a MS WINDOWS 11 and since then, my PC isn't under my control. It feels like someone else is also using it. After it was installed Microsoft Defender is not accessible/ not available. And there's a strange folder in one of my local disks....