Windows 10: Possible .NET update bug?

Discus and support Possible .NET update bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think the most recent NET update (KB4565633, issued about 3 days ago for 1909 systems) might have broken something on my system. The update appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Calamity58, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Possible .NET update bug?

I think the most recent NET update (KB4565633, issued about 3 days ago for 1909 systems) might have broken something on my system. The update appeared to go off without a hitch. However, the next day, I started my computer, and Chromium Edge immediately began crashing whenever I went to open it. A reinstall fixed that issue.

However, I am noticing a number of other things that seem amiss now. Powershell immediately crashes on opening it, for example. Similarly, Paint.NET silently crashes before even being able to open. Even more mystifying, when I tried to uninstall Paint.NET, it could not uninstall, giving me a generic error. I saw that some people had similar problems before, and the Program Install Troubleshooter was offered as a solution. I tried that tool, but was immediately greeted with a generic error (0x80010105). SFC continually identifies two things that are corrupted and can't be repaired normally (something called FaceColorAnalysis.mdl and the Microsoft.Bluetooth.Service.dll), but neither of those things seem related or terribly important.

All of this gives me the sense that something might be broken in my .NET deployment, but I don't really know how to go about fixing that. Does that sound like this? Is there a way for me to clean re-install the .NET framework?

Alternatively, I see that my computer is now eligible for the 2004 update. I've heard that an in-place upgrade, using the Media Creation Tool, will actually repair any underlying issues with your current OS build. Is that true? If so, would that be a reasonable solution? I've heard there are a number of random issues with 2004, and I don't necessarily want to trade one devil that I know, for a hundred devils I don't.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Calamity58
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Calamity58, Jul 17, 2020

2. .NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Possible .NET update bug?

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Possible .NET update bug?

1. Possible .NET update bug? - Similar Threads - Possible NET update

2. Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE: since my windows updated the net framework, i'm getting really high ping in Minecraft, so is it possible to revert it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-rollback-a-net-framework-update/584e7b14-58ee-4719-b785-becdbcb2b1fc
  3. Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE: since my windows updated the net framework, i'm getting really high ping in Minecraft, so is it possible to revert it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-rollback-a-net-framework-update/584e7b14-58ee-4719-b785-becdbcb2b1fc
  4. Is it possible to rollback a NET FRAMEWORK UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly

KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly: Hello, Is anyone aware of any issues around KB4592440 December cumulative update. Noticed with a handful of users 10 out of 1500 that after this update was installed on a reboot their profiles are completely wiped and looked brand new, it was definately after this update...
  6. Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?

Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?: I believe there may be a bug in the latest Windows 10 Update on December 14, 2020. Since the update, when my desktop computer goes to sleep and I "wake it up," my screen is black, but still shows all of my desktop icons, folders, and task bar items. However I am not able to...
  7. If it's possible to uninstall net framework update without uninstalling net framework?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If it's possible to uninstall net framework update without uninstalling net framework?: The latest update, November 10, 2020-KB4580980 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 , version 1903, Windows Server, version 1903, Windows 10 , version 1909, and Windows Server, version 1909 Is causing the game i play to constantly crash...
  8. Possible bug with Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible bug with Photos: [ATTACH] Is this a problem that should be looked at or am I just overly concerned? Thanks in advanced. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-bug-with-photos/9755327f-5632-45f6-bed1-863269af0726
  9. Possible Bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  10. Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug)

Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug): Hello, First of all i am a long time Microsoft/windows fan (YES i still have my windows 10 mobile device in active use). I have long supported MS desisions and defended them where i could, but this is getting out of hand! tl;dr My PC just restarted, quite normal you say?...