Windows 10: Possible Network/Device Infection

Discus and support Possible Network/Device Infection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, recently i noticed a command prompt window (terminal shell script) running a script on startup occasionally. After noticing this occurrence... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by timharris7, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Possible Network/Device Infection

Hi, recently i noticed a command prompt window (terminal shell script) running a script on startup occasionally. After noticing this occurrence multiple times on multiple devices, i decided to reformat my machine. After reformatting my machine, the same instance happened one week later on the same device. So then i thought it had something to do with the network, so i factory reset my router and my machine and i am still getting a black box terminal script running on startup. Am infected, what exactly is occurring and how can i prevent this from happening in the future?

:)

timharris7, Nov 19, 2018
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Possible Network/Device Infection

Network will not show on the last device.

Hi James,

I suggest you to remove all the networks that are connected to your device and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to
    Windows 10, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Check to see if an updated driver is available.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.

• In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software >
      Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

• After installing the updated driver, select the Start
      Possible Network/Device Infection [​IMG]
      button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Rely us with the status to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Possible Network/Device Infection

1. Possible Network/Device Infection - Similar Threads - Possible Network Device

2. Possibility of infecting a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possibility of infecting a virus: I decided to format my pc because of malware infection.If i create iso file to create a bootable USB on same machine, can the malware enter into the bootable USB and infect into machine that I am going to install windows after disk format ??...
  3. Possible malware infection?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible malware infection?: So I know that malware and viruses is easy to catch if your not careful and I’m not gonna lie I’m pretty not careful at times and I think that caught up to me and I might be infected with some virus and I also had a question about my bios so first let me start with the main...
  4. Possible malware infection?

Possible malware infection?: So I know that malware and viruses is easy to catch if your not careful and I’m not gonna lie I’m pretty not careful at times and I think that caught up to me and I might be infected with some virus and I also had a question about my bios so first let me start with the main...
  5. Possible virus infection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible virus infection: I was stupid enough to plug into my computer an unknown drive. It had no files in it, but it weighed about 15GB, which is making me really worried. I unplugged it, restarted the computer and am now running a Windows Security full virus scan (the default Windows antivirus)....
  6. Infected Possibly on Desktop 1

Infected Possibly on Desktop 1: Hi All Just did ADW Scan on Desktop 1, and results are the following...I'll admit I did try easy driver updater briefly, but then removed it with Revo uninstaller, and thought should've had System clean Avast still shows clean when run it's scan only seems ADW detects...
  7. Possible infection of pc

Possible infection of pc: Having ended a scam telephone call from 'Microsoft', the next time I turned on my pc I saw (very briefly) a black window in the middle of the screen, with what appeared to me to be programming language typed on it. Of course, this might be a coincidence. Any opinions or...
  8. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  9. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  10. Possible Firefox Infection Issue

Possible Firefox Infection Issue: I just had the strangest thing happen. Firefox has been wanting to update for a while, (I have it set to manual), so I finally let it go to v49. Then bam! - problems. Nothing will download, pages have scripting problems, some have difficulty loading, not responding errors -...