Windows 10: Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before

Discus and support Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I've had this pop up and take over Edge Twice this morning. The only way I've found to close the browser after this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leprechaun J, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before

Hello Everyone,

I've had this pop up and take over Edge Twice this morning. The only way I've found to close the browser after this message appears, is to open "task Manage" and selecting to Close Edge from there using ( Ctrl + Alt + Del ) command on your keyboard. Once you complete this, make sure you "Clear" your Browser History.

Has Anyone Else Seen This yet?... I've done complete scans but cant find anything wrong with my system.

Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before 711da2fb-2322-4b50-9366-4f043d9a3bf9?upload=true.jpg

Do Not Enter Your information here. Use the above method I mentioned to Close your browser and then Clear your Browser History.

:)

Leprechaun J, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam - Microsoft Security

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before

Possible virus or scam

As already mentioned:

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Normally you just close your browser:
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2014/11/psa-tech-support-scams-pop-ups-on-the-rise/

8 Ways to Open Windows Task Manager - wikiHow

You might want to run a quick scan with your Anti-Virus program.

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

Suggestion to read:

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before

1. Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before - Similar Threads - Possible Scam I've

2. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  3. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've never seen it, before?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running windows 10And for some reason, I get this message?I've never seen it, before?Is this something, to do with my rights?What do I, have to do. To, fix it?Thanks, for reading . . . Jerry...
  4. I've never seen it, before?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen garbage, I've never seen it before.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen garbage, I've never seen it before.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Joshtp152 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htvp4y/screen_garbage_ive_never_seen_it_before/
  6. I've not seen (or heard about) this before.

in Windows 10 Support
    I've not seen (or heard about) this before.: I just performed a forced Win 10 update from a 1909 build to the latest 2004 build. I now no longer have access to my programs list via either the Start sequence or the Windows key! Can anyone suggest a fix? For me its serious detriment. Thanks. 159081
  7. BSOD (Except I've never seen that one before)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD (Except I've never seen that one before): So I got a computer which bsoded the first time I booted it : with this BSOD : Inaccessible boot device. I've never run windows with it, nothing, I just pushed the power button au boum, nothing. Has anyone have been confronted to the same issue ? It would save me And what...
  8. Windows crash I've never seen before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crash I've never seen before: I've googled everything and have not found anything even close. I am running an almost new PC laptop with Windows 10 and all updates. Everything was running perfectly. Today I bought a new monitor that connect through HDMI. I tried it out, all was well and I turned my...
  9. Installed Win10 on a new SSD, and am experiencing problems I've never seen before(can't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Win10 on a new SSD, and am experiencing problems I've never seen before(can't...: Hello to everyone, Recently I got SSD 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 500GB and I wanted to do a clean Win10 installation on it. I plugged it in the SATA slot next to my HDD slot, plugged the bootable USB flash drive, entered the installation, formatted my C partition on HDD to get...
  10. New BSOD I've Never Seen Before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New BSOD I've Never Seen Before: I multi-boot, main Win 7 and then 2 Win 10's on other drives. It had been at least 10 days since I last booted into them, no problems then, but I was surprised today when I tried. Got a smaller than usual BSOD (low res Safe Mode size) and all it said was as follows, even...