Windows 10: Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing

Discus and support Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After more than 50 attempts to update Windows from 1909, suddenly today the update took. Looking at what might have been the problem, the only thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BattleVaughan, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing

After more than 50 attempts to update Windows from 1909, suddenly today the update took. Looking at what might have been the problem, the only thing that jumps out at me is that my Epson 3170 scanner driver disappeared. Although it is several years old, 3.0.4 is the current driver and I never suspected any problem. Scanner worked fine and did not show any problems all this time.

Perhaps this was not the issue....I also noticed that about half my programs, looked at in Control Panel, had installation dates of today, so probably the install did some re-initializing in the Registry.

But hoping this information might be of some use to someone having a similar problem. The error codes given on the crashes, of course, provided no useful clue.

video_man

:)

BattleVaughan, Apr 8, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Gibson330 Win User
    Win10 - product key obscured!

Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing [​IMG]

Right mess I've made picking away at this.
    Will remember other solutions but hopefully a 'one off'.

Gibson330, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Ikaruga Win User

Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing

1. Possible obscure and rare solution to Win10 updates crashing - Similar Threads - Possible obscure rare

2. Rare random crash 0x8000000000000002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rare random crash 0x8000000000000002: Hello,from time to time the PC just shuts off and restarts immidiately. No bluescreen, just like I would disconnect the power for 1 second. Always during gaming but I use it for gaming 99% of the time, so thats not surprising. System is the same since 3 years, problem occured...
  3. Rare random crash 0x8000000000000002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rare random crash 0x8000000000000002: Hello,from time to time the PC just shuts off and restarts immidiately. No bluescreen, just like I would disconnect the power for 1 second. Always during gaming but I use it for gaming 99% of the time, so thats not surprising. System is the same since 3 years, problem occured...
  4. Games crash randomly, rarely a Bluescreen as well.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crash randomly, rarely a Bluescreen as well.: Please help me!My games mainly Call of Duty crashes on my new computer and I have no clue on how to fix it or nail down the problem.CoD usually crashes with the error code 0x0000005C.Newest Drivers installed, newest version of BIOS installed all possible windows updates...
  5. Possible "PC Solutions" scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible "PC Solutions" scam?: Recieve an email fron PC Solutions stating a payment of $329.00 was recieved by auto renewal for my Firewall Security Plan. I have never dealt with this company and wondered if anyone had the same problem. I called to inquire and they could give me no info about my'account"....
  6. Possible solution to blank screen during Win10 clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible solution to blank screen during Win10 clean install: I encountered the blank screen issue while trying to clean install Win10 on old XP era HW. This is how I got around that. The box was decent for that era: XP pro (x32), [email protected], dual HD raid. It boots just as fast as any other HD PC I have. Using an extra W7p...
  7. Win10 - product key obscured!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 - product key obscured!: This may sound a bit absurd but having devoted nearly 2 days getting a new Win10 installation fully updated, I now cannot read the product key to activate the system. The reason being that the 'MICROSOFT' security sticker covering the key has left a glue residue that's...
  8. Win10 - product key obscured!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - product key obscured!: This may sound a bit absurd but having devoted nearly 2 days getting a new Win10 installation fully updated, I now cannot read the product key to activate the system. The reason being that the 'MICROSOFT' security sticker covering the key has left a glue residue that's...
  9. Possible OneDrive solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible OneDrive solution?: Hello, all! I'll cut right to the chase. Got a new SSHD, reinstalled Windows to it, been through this process a few times, yadda yadda yadda. HOWEVER during the installation process (because I have been through this process a few times now), I sped my way through the...
  10. Videos obscured.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos obscured.: Why have all videos (both mine and those taken by others - eg Facebook) suddenly started playing with a thick band of unrelated colour obscuring the bottom third of the image? Videos displayed fine previously. Using Windows 10 Version 1803 OS Build 17134.165 on an Acer...