Windows 10: Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors)

Discus and support Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Win 10 Enterprise N. I also have 3 monitors, 2 in use all the time. 2x1440p (27" Dell UHD monitors all the time). The third monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Aug 10, 2020.

1. mystvearn Win User

Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors)

Hi,

I am using Win 10 Enterprise N. I also have 3 monitors, 2 in use all the time. 2x1440p (27" Dell UHD monitors all the time). The third monitor is a 1080p monitor which I use rarely, but it is mainly used for customers. Customers who come to my desk view items on that monitor, which is faced away from me. I duplicate the output of one of the 1440p monitors to show there.

Under the normal scenario, the 1080p monitor is off. When someone comes in,
    1, I turn on the monitor switch,
    2. right-click > display settings
    3. select the 3rd (1080p display)
    4. duplicate to one of the monitors.

When everything is done, the reverse is conducted.
    1. right-click>display settings
    2. select the 3rd monitor.
    3. disable the monitor.
    4. turn off the plug

If I don't disable the monitor, sometimes some window/software appears on that monitor without me knowing and it screws whatever I'm viewing on my desktop. Is there a method to automate the entire steps? Aside from turn on/off the power plug, the rest are mostly mouse clicks and selecting from a drop down menu.

:)

mystvearn, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows automatically re-arrange on m extended display on triple monitor

Hi Souvik,

The graphics driver is can be the possible reason why Windows automatically rearrange the display in your triple monitor. Whenever a single monitor is disconnected from a multi monitor setup in Windows, It will also attempt to move everything from that screen
    into the remaining screens. Graphics driver may disconnect the monitors when you put the computer to sleep, so when Windows awakens, it must re-determine where to place everything. In recognizing the monitors in a different order each time you bring the computer
    out of sleep, forcing Windows to rearrange your application windows. To better assist you, we'd like to ask if have you tried updating your graphics drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 10, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Is it possible to change the automated startup background pictures?

Hi ESTRADA! And welcome to Ten forums!

Go to Settings / Personalization and then click on Lock screen in left side list.

You can choose between Windows Spotlight (that are series of Microsoft pictures you've mentioned), picture and Slideshow.

Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors) [​IMG]

AndreTen, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors)

Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts

This is my first post so I'm hopeful I can explain my situation well. If it can't be solved, that's life.

My setup is as follows on a GeForce 960 video card:

2 24" monitors connected via DVI identified as monitors "2" and "3"
    1 television connected via HDMI identified as monitor "1"

Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors) [​IMG]

I'm aware that the ports that you use for each monitor determines how Windows identifies them (I believe all of my problems would be solved if Windows allowed you to change these numbers).

When you hit the shortcut win+p, it brings up the quick display switcher.

Selecting 'PC screen only' will cause the desktop to switch to display 1, the television. Even if a monitor is set as my "main display" choosing this shortcut chooses a new set of display options that makes the HDMI connected TV the main display and turns off the other displays.

Selecting '2nd screen only' will turn on the monitors (display 2 and 3). With some fiddling inside the nVidia control panel I believe I've gotten it to turn on just display 2.

The problem is, when I hit 'Extend' it turns on display 1, the television, and one other display. I can't change this behavior, display 1 seems to always be included when you select 'Extend'. I'd like for 'Extend' to turn on the two monitors, displays 2 and 3. Ideally I'd like for 'PC Screen Only' to turn on just a single monitor, but I can live with having to choose 'Second Screen' to do that.

primarchlion, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors)

1. Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors) - Similar Threads - Possible automating series

2. Is it possible to automate printing on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to automate printing on Windows: Hi I am a Linux user.There are times when I need to print things, but I can't ever get printing to work properly on Linux and I can only print on Windows.Because of this, I want to use a windows PC as a print server. Now I know how this works and why I can't directly print...
  3. Is it possible to automate printing on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to automate printing on Windows: Hi I am a Linux user.There are times when I need to print things, but I can't ever get printing to work properly on Linux and I can only print on Windows.Because of this, I want to use a windows PC as a print server. Now I know how this works and why I can't directly print...
  4. Triple monitor with one TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor with one TV: I can't turn off the TV without the two other monitors blinking on and off frequently. Is there a way to prevent that? submitted by /u/abedtime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktbfsa/triple_monitor_with_one_tv/
  5. Triple monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Triple monitor setup: So I am using a triple monitor setup using the serial port on my motherboard, the serial on the graphics card, and the hdmi on the graphics card, but the instant I try to use the on board serial I cannot put my pc into sleep mode, and I am now confused. Thanks in advance...
  6. Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Possible of automating series of windows display (triple monitors): Hi, I am using Win 10 Enterprise N. I also have 3 monitors, 2 in use all the time. 2x1440p (27" Dell UHD monitors all the time). The third monitor is a 1080p monitor which I use rarely, but it is mainly used for customers. Customers who come to my desk view items on that...
  7. Triple display compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Triple display compatibility: Hello. My system is able to run games at three displays with nVidia Surround (GeForce 1050ti, using 3x HDMI - DisplayPort cable). People are required to configure nVidia Surround or Eyefinity to let any game run on 5040x1050. By default, games will not recognize the...
  8. Triple display compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple display compatibility: Hello. My system is able to run games at three displays with nVidia Surround (GeForce 1050ti, using 3x HDMI - DisplayPort cable). People are required to configure nVidia Surround or Eyefinity to let any game run on 5040x1050. By default, games will not recognize the...
  9. Triple monitor with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Triple monitor with Windows 10: Hello everyone, I currently have 3 monitors. 1 LG 34UM59-P 21:9 2560x1080 2 LG 27MP68HM-P 16:9 1920x1080 I've been running the Ultra wide for some time now without any problems. Yesterday I got the 2 27" monitors and at first it seemed to work. All three...
  10. Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Triple Monitor Display Switch Shortcuts: This is my first post so I'm hopeful I can explain my situation well. If it can't be solved, that's life. My setup is as follows on a GeForce 960 video card: 2 24" monitors connected via DVI identified as monitors "2" and "3" 1 television connected via HDMI identified...