Windows 10: Possible OneDrive solution?

Discus and support Possible OneDrive solution? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, all! I'll cut right to the chase. Got a new SSHD, reinstalled Windows to it, been through this process a few times, yadda yadda yadda. HOWEVER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NoGoodNickname, May 6, 2020.

1. Possible OneDrive solution?

Hello, all! I'll cut right to the chase.

Got a new SSHD, reinstalled Windows to it, been through this process a few times, yadda yadda yadda.

HOWEVER

during the installation process (because I have been through this process a few times now), I sped my way through the installation process, accepted everything, Terms and Conditions, etc., and totally accidentally clicked the "Yes, use OneDrive to sync my data" button (or something similar). Now, every time I open my Explorer or search for a file, it saves everything under the OneDrive path.

Ex. Using Storyboard Pro 7 for class, would like to start a new project, and it saves the file to "C:/Users/MyName/OneDrive/Documents", and it does this for every application.

Tried uninstalling, actually disabling it through the Apps & Features, going through the Command Prompt, etc. Looked up multiple solutions online to no avail.

What it boils down to is, I don't want OneDrive on my PC, nor would I like to save my files to it. Is there any way to completely eradicate it from my PC, file paths and all? Hopefully without a complete reinstall?

---------

TL;DR - Don't want OneDrive, accidentally installed alongside Windows during reinstall, want to remove it completely because files are saving to "C:/Users/MyName/OneDrive"

Thanks for all your help, if any can be provided!

submitted by /u/NoGoodNickname
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NoGoodNickname, May 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 6, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 6, 2020
  4. Possible OneDrive solution?

OneDrive

I am using a Samsung i5 laptop with Windows 10 fully updated. My problem is:-

• Firstly the OneDrive Icon is not showing on my taskbar - I have tried all the solutions given on your site
    • Secondly, obviously, my OneDrive is not syncing because it appears not to be running
    • I cannot uninstall the version of OneDrive on my PC, which means I cannot do a fresh reinstall
    Any help or suggestions, please?

Dave

DavidMcFarlane1, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Possible OneDrive solution?

1. Possible OneDrive solution? - Similar Threads - Possible OneDrive solution

2. Possible Solution to Winload.efi error. 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Solution to Winload.efi error. 0xc000000e: I tried to install both Windows 10 and 11 on HP ProBook. However met with winload.efi error multiple times.After installation if you try looking at the hard drive/ssd structure you would see that only 1 partition is visible, which is the Data Partition. If you look at its...
  3. Possible Solution to Winload.efi error. 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Solution to Winload.efi error. 0xc000000e: I tried to install both Windows 10 and 11 on HP ProBook. However met with winload.efi error multiple times.After installation if you try looking at the hard drive/ssd structure you would see that only 1 partition is visible, which is the Data Partition. If you look at its...
  4. Is it possible to manage bookmarks in onedrive?

Is it possible to manage bookmarks in onedrive?: Does the bookmarks folder take up much space? Theres a lot, and I don't need most of them, but don't want to delete all of them.Thanks in advance...
  5. Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution: I have been constantly asking on a solution here or searching for solutions elsewhere on how to disable or prevent Defender Security Intelligence Updates to run without those annoying notifications when Windows Update settings are set to Notify to Download and Install. Here...
  6. Possible "PC Solutions" scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible "PC Solutions" scam?: Recieve an email fron PC Solutions stating a payment of $329.00 was recieved by auto renewal for my Firewall Security Plan. I have never dealt with this company and wondered if anyone had the same problem. I called to inquire and they could give me no info about my'account"....
  7. Possible solution for Dump analysis

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible solution for Dump analysis: I understand from below analysis that Blue Coat is causing the problems, How can i fix the issue i can safe boot into networking /CMD, This package is not getting installed i have tried disabling it from MSCONFIG & STARTUP & Turnning off the Services of the same but still...
  8. Start Menu not working possible solution

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu not working possible solution: I have been fighting with the start menu and many of the windows apps not working after leaving the computer for a while. With some of the apps, I could close them and restart. I am using a Laptop with two external monitors. I tried all the fixes I could find out there,...
  9. Possible solution to pin/pow at startup

Possible solution to pin/pow at startup: the fix for me was to go to msconfig and click normal startup, make sure under boot tab that no check on safe mode. what a hassle. Everything was disabled beth...
  10. Is this possible with OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this possible with OneDrive?: When I had windows 8.1, any photos I had on my local c drive automatically synced with one drive. I've had windows 10 for awhile now and I've just noticed that any new photos/documents I add to my local drive don't automatically sync to one drive. When I right clicked on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oneDriveSolution

2. iomga 100 parallel port zip drive and windows 10

3. iomega zip drive