Windows 10: Possible overclocking or bad graphics card?

Discus and support Possible overclocking or bad graphics card? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Within the past week, my PC started cutting off during one specific game. It initially started immediately after the game loaded, but now it happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shannonigans, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Possible overclocking or bad graphics card?

Within the past week, my PC started cutting off during one specific game. It initially started immediately after the game loaded, but now it happens randomly during the duration of the game, sometimes once, sometimes twice, sometimes never.

Things that don't make sense to me:
    This occurs only during the game, which leads me to believe it's an overclocking issue or bad graphics card, but:

I've ran the same game on the same PC for over a year now with no similar issues until recently

There has been no significant changes to the game or to my PC

I have overclocked before and the PC rebooted to a screen telling me it had overclocked, it hasn't given me this error screen since

I run a few other games that are just as heavy with no issue, including IMVU

I can run Photoshop and SAI with very very large canvases without an issue, I've had cheaper PCs that have run into an issue handling this while still being able to run the game flawlessly

I can watch movies without an issue

What I've done so far:
    Reinstalled the League of Legends client
    Installed any available updates
    Ran a GPU stress test (PC cut off immediately)

Things that definitely are not the issue:
    Not overheating
    Plenty of free space in memory

Graphics card:
    GeForce GTX 770

:)

Shannonigans, Oct 16, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 16, 2018
  3. graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Possible overclocking or bad graphics card?

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Possible overclocking or bad graphics card?

1. Possible overclocking or bad graphics card? - Similar Threads - Possible overclocking bad

2. Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card: is this normal or what should i install to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-settings-showing-iris-xe-as-bad-graphics-card/a8db91b3-69a3-47b2-8c84-71579835ecb2
  3. Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game settings showing iris xe as "bad" graphics card: is this normal or what should i install to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-settings-showing-iris-xe-as-bad-graphics-card/a8db91b3-69a3-47b2-8c84-71579835ecb2
  4. How to fix a bad overclock on a CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix a bad overclock on a CPU: Hello I was overclocking my amd ryzen 3 3200g CPU and it ran fine until 5.1 Ghz then i switched the multiplier to 52 and now my system doesn`t POST at all the lights run and the fan spin but it doesn`t POST at all no beeps, nothing. Can anyone assist me how to fix it. PC...
  5. Graphics card going bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card going bad?: I have a recently new pc and I am noticing some audio troubles when I play games COD is one that I hear often. I have either discord or Youtube playing in the background as well and after a few minutes I begin to hear audio crackling and popping. I ran latencymon and it...
  6. Is it possible to change Graphic card and RAM of a Laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change Graphic card and RAM of a Laptop?: I heard before on HP support that almost 99% of computers doesn't contain a non-integrated graphic card and unable to change that integrated Intel graphic chipset to Nvidia or AMD. What I want to know is that all laptops have this problem on graphic card and RAM. At least is...
  7. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS: Hey all, Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so wanted to get an opinion or two on what to do. Google Drive link to zip file:...
  8. Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card: I am experiencing slight performance issues when my graphics card is turned on. Programs (most noticeably firefox) are slower to launch, windows file explore is slower when launched from the taskbar (start menu launch works fine), and some folders with a lot of files are...
  9. An assortment of BSODs, possibly graphics card driver? Thanks!

An assortment of BSODs, possibly graphics card driver? Thanks!: I'm getting an array of different BSODs, hopefully all contained in the crash report. They occur at seemingly random intervals. Please let me know what I should do, and if I should provide any further info. Attachment 47545 Thanks in advance! Hans 29502
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...