Windows 10: possible partition damage after Windows 10 uninstall?

Discus and support possible partition damage after Windows 10 uninstall? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have no idea why (at least I think I have partitions) that either have been not fully been removed by Windows 10 and now it is damaging my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan7702, Feb 28, 2015.

1. possible partition damage after Windows 10 uninstall?

I have no idea why (at least I think I have partitions) that either have been not fully been removed by Windows 10 and now it is damaging my Windows 8.1 install ..am I thinking this is correct, and if it is, how can i fix this? Matt

:)

sportsfan7702, Feb 28, 2015

2. Windows 7 to 10

Good afternoon

Have on my professional computer, two partitions.

1st one has the Windows 7 installed and I would like to upgrade to windows 10

2nd one has the Ubuntu, that I wish to remain as is.

Will it be possible to proceed with the windows upgrade without "damaging" the 2nd partition?

Thank you all in advance

António

Antoniocrz, Feb 28, 2015
  3. Error during factory reset

reset from where

recovery partition ?

recovery media ?

as far back as vista the upgrade process has been known to damage the recovery partition or the boot info that points to the recovery partition etc.

have seen the windows upgrade process totally wipe the contents of the recovery partition on some systems

leaving it empty

on other systems

have seen the recovery partition removed during the upgrade process leaving unallocated space

if you are attempting to roll back

there is a 30 day window where roll back is possible

after the 30 days passes roll back is impossible

Locutus deBorg, Feb 28, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

possible partition damage after Windows 10 uninstall?

I notice you have the HP Assistant there... This tool does updates itself, and is probably not Windows 10 compatible. It could be related to your problems... I would do a clean Windows 10 install. At this point, back up everything you have then wipe your entire disk.

Mystere, Feb 28, 2015
Thema:

possible partition damage after Windows 10 uninstall?

1. possible partition damage after Windows 10 uninstall? - Similar Threads - possible partition damage

2. Damaged windows 8.1 possibly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Damaged windows 8.1 possibly: I'm having major problems with my windows. I was using windows 8.1 and i did something with the regedit and may have imported a backup regedit file from the windows 10 version that i upgraded to in 2021 on may But i wasn't satisfied with windows 10 so decided to downgrade...
  3. Damaged windows 8.1 possibly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Damaged windows 8.1 possibly: I'm having major problems with my windows. I was using windows 8.1 and i did something with the regedit and may have imported a backup regedit file from the windows 10 version that i upgraded to in 2021 on may But i wasn't satisfied with windows 10 so decided to downgrade...
  4. How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair a damaged partition on a data drive?: My main desktop (running Windows 10 version 2004 19041.685) computer has a StarTech hotswap trayless rack that I've used for years: [img] I have a number of bare hard drives that I use to backup and to store offline data; I put one of my offline data drives in which I'd...
  5. New installing without damaging recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New installing without damaging recovery partition: I bought a new laptop it comes with Win 10 home. I would like to install windows 10 pro with a clean install but would like to keep the original recovery partition just in case. I don't want to upgrade win 10 home to pro. How do I do this? submitted by /u/one_piece1...
  6. SSD damaged after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD damaged after Windows 10 update: About three days ago, as usual after a few days when I finished my day job, I got into the habit of updating Windows 10 on my Surface Book 3, which I bought it about two months ago as soon as Microsoft launched it on the market. After updating Windows, my Surface crashes at...
  7. Computer Charger Damaged, Possible Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Charger Damaged, Possible Fix?: Okay so this laptop belongs to my school. They havent been able to collect it yet do to Covid, but that not the point. Earlier today, while standing up from my desk, the computer fell directly on the charger while it was still plugged in. It is now bent and I cant seem to get...
  8. damage Windows 10 .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    damage Windows 10 .: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/damage-windows-10/ad19250e-7640-482c-9fdd-ab7ff9559c13
  9. Windows 10 damaged / damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 damaged / damaged: Sometimes I have received (or what it seems) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to prevent my files from being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a sharp beep that is really annoying. Is there anything I can run from...
  10. Merge partitions without damage ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge partitions without damage ?: How do I merge these three partitions without damaging windows from booting. [img] 110897