Windows 10: Possible problem with charging port

Discus and support Possible problem with charging port in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A bit of initial information: whenever I disconnect or plug in my laptop's charging cable, I get a little "Brightness" popup at the top of my screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OrrUzan-Tidhar, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Possible problem with charging port

A bit of initial information: whenever I disconnect or plug in my laptop's charging cable, I get a little "Brightness" popup at the top of my screen, like I would get if I was changing the brightness manually. Now, when I'm using my laptop normally, it appears fine. But when I'm doing something that takes up a lot of power, like playing a game or using Photoshop, this Brightness popup will appear and disappear constantly. Each time it appears, whatever game I'm playing lags or gets stuck for a second or so, and then goes back to normal once the Brightness popup disappears.This also happens whe

:)

OrrUzan-Tidhar, Nov 26, 2021

2. problem with the charging port

Me

There is a problem with the charging port of my windows 640xl mobile, the port is ogled and gets charging disturbed even with slight movement of the mobile

kallaraghu, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Charging Port problem

I have a Lumia 435. I am worried about the charging port. It is very tight to fit into the usb port. After changing it becomes even more difficult to pull it out. I am worried if this is going to break my phone's charging port. I am using the charger which
    came with the phone only. Is it the phones problem or chargers problem? Please help.

Mateen Mohsin, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Possible problem with charging port

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Possible problem with charging port pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Possible problem with charging port

1. Possible problem with charging port - Similar Threads - Possible problem charging

2. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  3. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  4. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices: ok idk but it charges for no reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-allow-the-usb-port-not-the-charging/34354a2a-3c88-4c04-9f2e-8c6ec55cdfc9
  6. how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices: ok idk but it charges for no reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-allow-the-usb-port-not-the-charging/34354a2a-3c88-4c04-9f2e-8c6ec55cdfc9
  7. Possible problem with charging port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible problem with charging port: A bit of initial information: whenever I disconnect or plug in my laptop's charging cable, I get a little "Brightness" popup at the top of my screen, like I would get if I was changing the brightness manually. Now, when I'm using my laptop normally, it appears fine. But when...
  8. Possible problem with charging port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible problem with charging port: A bit of initial information: whenever I disconnect or plug in my laptop's charging cable, I get a little "Brightness" popup at the top of my screen, like I would get if I was changing the brightness manually. Now, when I'm using my laptop normally, it appears fine. But when...
  9. Charging with usb type c port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charging with usb type c port: I'm trying to find out if it is possible to charge my vivobook S532F S15 using the usb type c port,I have the the power cable an the PD wall adapter. If so what worked for others? please list any software or hardware you think i might be missing.. thanks for your response.....
  10. possible unauthorized charge by microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    possible unauthorized charge by microsoft: I received a charge on my credit card from Microsoft and have no idea why. Would like to speak to someone regarding this charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-unauthorized-charge-by-microsoft/29562a0f-78bb-4768-84bc-6df78d62d4f4