Windows 10: Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

Discus and support Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sbutt72, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Sbutt72 Win User

Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting for you" loop. After a while id probably had about 5 BSODs and I came to the conclusion that I had either a driver, ram, or ram slot issue, but the first thing I tried was to fix my system files. In command prompt there are certain commands that will halt in the middle of the process for me, and this was one of them, and

:)

Sbutt72, Jan 30, 2022

2. Ram slot

Greetings my friend. Like 'Mike P', my dell has only two slots as well. There are several laptops that have four (4) ram slots. Lenovo, ASUS, some HP's and some dell's. I would suggest going to a website like newegg.com, or other computer accessory place,
    and looking at their memory/ram selections. Reading their details should provide some insight as to the number of slots.

Of course, if your budget allows, the more ram you have, the better the laptop will be.

I hope this helps.

Derek

DerekW USA, Jan 30, 2022
  3. RAM issues

It is probably not caused by Windows. How did you add the RAM? Did you use only slots you were using before or did you add sticks to slots you had not used before? If the latter, there could be a defect in the motherboard. Try stepping memory speed down
    incrementally until you don't get the BSOD. The electrical distance to the slot furthest from the chip set determines the top memory speed that will work. Check the manufacturer's website for instructions. Some motherboards will support the advertised memory
    speed only in the slots closest to the chipset. Since you didn't give the make and model of the device or memory we have to guess at these things.

Have you used the forum on the device manufacturer's website to see if others have dealt with this issue?

Cbarnhorst, Jan 30, 2022
  4. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

BSOD - Ram issue or driver issue?

Good day ! I am an independent adviser here to help you!

I read your .dmp files

Have you tried anything yet on this?

Does it happen during gaming if you do that sort of thing?

boot into recovery mode open a cmd and navigate to the folder where vgk.sys is located using the cd <path> when you have found it use move vgk.sys 0vkg.sys the 0vgk.sys doesn't really matter just change the name and reboot to windows

Test and see if the issue is any better.

You may also try running your system with only 1 RAM stick and test for issues. if you only have 1 RAM stick, then you may need new RAM.

If you are able to, try reseating ram in a new position

EX: Your RAM is in slot 2 and 4. Reseat to 1 and 3 or vice-versa.

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

1. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues - Similar Threads - Possible Ram Ram

2. RAM Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Issue: I have installed some new RAM, I should have 32GB but Windows is displaying it as 32GB 15.9 Usable I have been in contact with Corsair and they have done several checks and everything seems to be working correctly on the BIOS Etc. They have asked me to contact Microsoft.....
  3. RAM Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Issue: I have installed some new RAM, I should have 32GB but Windows is displaying it as 32GB 15.9 Usable I have been in contact with Corsair and they have done several checks and everything seems to be working correctly on the BIOS Etc. They have asked me to contact Microsoft.....
  4. Ram Issues

Ram Issues: After a ram upgrade, my pc boots up like normal but when it reaches the windows screen it says that it ran into a problem and needs to restart with the acpi bios error message. it then boots again and says it is doing automatic repairs before giving me the Error Code...
  5. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  6. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  7. BSOD - Ram issue or driver issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Ram issue or driver issue?: I've been consistently BSODing or the computer completely freezes with the audio stuck these past few days. There's been a few different error codes like... Memory_Management Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation...
  8. RAM issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    RAM issue: Hi All, Recently I have upgraded RAM in my desktop from 4GB to 8GB but I see the usable RAM is only 3.1 GB. I wonder what could be the reason. Seek your help. Thnks Sandip.[ATTACH]...
  9. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...
  10. possible ram issue

in Windows 10 Support
    possible ram issue: hi. my laptop can run perfect and in a session it will show the bsod normaly with the line Memory_Managment i suspect that it is the memory gone bad but i just did a test using mdsched.exe and no errors what can it be James 41432