Windows 10: Possible Route for Windows in future???

Discus and support Possible Route for Windows in future??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wonder if it would be possible to have windows open a site/programme in a specific browser in the future. For example, windows installer asks if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Jan 29, 2018.

1. elbmek Win User

Possible Route for Windows in future???

I wonder if it would be possible to have windows open a site/programme in a specific browser in the future. For example, windows installer asks if I woulds like to open this in FF, IE, Edge and so on. Or a learning prompt when opening whatever clicking on a web site? Just a thought. I suppose the technicalities are immense?

:)

elbmek, Jan 29, 2018
  2. The_Mag Win User

Nokia maps and Nokia Navigation (Lumia 800)

Hello.

I want to make a route in Nokia Maps on my computer. Set waypoints and edit the route.

Then i save the route in Nokia Maps as a favorite.

Is it now possible to synchronise the route with my Lumia800?

Actually i can´t see the route on the phone in Nokia Maps.

Is it possible to send a navigation or a route to Nokia Navigation?

I think in the older Version of Nokia Maps it was possible.

The_Mag, Jan 29, 2018
  3. meatpoint Win User
    new route adjust on internet

when you set a route on googlemaps, it is possible to "pick up" the route with your mouse and adjust tthe route on the screen.

is this possible with ovi maps on ovi.com?

I tried but the only way now is by adding new destinations between start en finnish.

adjusting the route is not possible on screen

meatpoint, Jan 29, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Are you asking about webapps?

The original iPhone didn't have a store as all content would be run through (some sort of) application run by the site or run in some JVM on the client. It sort of died a death (it was a good idea though) and now everyone downloads an app to do everything.

If you mean can you set Firefox as your default browser in Windows then yes you can. There is a tutorial here Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

5. elbmek Win User
    No nothing like that, I have FF as present default trying out the 58.01 x 64 bit. I change defaults regularly when trying something out or when find fault. I was thinking of the future of windows where it could be possible to select which site opens on which browser. For example - I do a lot of cutting and pasting of paragraphs or such for web sites. In chrome, for example, and vivaldi, when I highlight text and cut it, when I then paste it it pastes the background too, a very VERY annoying occurrence. To fix that I would have to post it into notepad, then cut it again to paste text only. But in FF, IE or Edge this does not happen so I tend to use those when I want to cut something. Even emails which contain info I want do not cut properly in Chrome. By background I mean the area behind the immediate text, always white so I have black text with white background. I have mentioned this to Chrome several times but they have neither replied or fixed it.

So I wondered my original post - can windows make it so that it remembers which browser I want to open which email or online text? eg: I open gmail and it says which browser do you want to open this in - and remember.

elbmek, Jan 29, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    That is quite interesting - I was checking the new forum software in eightforums.com today and found if I copy/paste from one browser into the website it would drag all sorts of odd stuff (links/formatting etc) that the recipient website couldn't deal with.

I guess it depends what Ctrl+C puts in the clipboard.

As for your question, can you associate one specific document with one browser? I don't think so. I've no idea how anyway, sorry.

7. Barman58 Win User
    You can create shortcuts to sites in most browsers, and therefore could have a set of shortcuts in folder that opened different /preferred browsers for that site

In chrome for example simply select the URL for the page you are on and drag it to the desktop - this produces a shortcut that can be edited/modified to suit

With others you may need to manually create the shortcut using special syntax

By the way I cannot foresee any of the browser makers allowing you to click on a link and have it open in a competitor's browser *Wink although the availability of things such as IETab for firefox and I think Chrome does give an idea of what is possible with add-ons

Barman58, Jan 29, 2018
  8. elbmek Win User

Hi barman, i have many web based links on my desktop and each and every one changes with the default.

elbmek, Jan 29, 2018
  9. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Jan 29, 2018
  10. lx07 Win User
    I just tried making a shortcut with target "C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" www.bbc.com
    and it opened the BBC website in internet explorer no problem.

11. Barman58 Win User
    I use them all the time as some of our UK TV catch-up/streaming sites still use Silverlight or flash or whatever and so I create shortcuts to open in Edge or IE - move them to the all apps location and then access them as Apps on the start screen - I just wish Edge would not insist on displaying it's icon on shortcuts

Barman58, Jan 29, 2018
  12. elbmek Win User
    hey! well done Barman - it worked. I created a shortcut to IE (as it was already on my desktop) and added as you suggested a space then the url of my email. I clicked apply and closed it, selected properties again, and changed icon to other than IE, and applied and closed. Now when I click on this, it goes directly to my email. This solves one problem, the cut and paste I mentioned above. BRILLIANT, now to look for others I want.

elbmek, Jan 29, 2018
  13. elbmek Win User

thank you, it worked

elbmek, Jan 29, 2018
  14. lx07 Win User
    You are welcome but it was the barman not me (my usual excuse *Smile )

15. elbmek Win User
    you both said it, different ways *Smile

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible Route for Windows in future??? - Similar Threads - Possible Route future

2. is it possible to disable future MANDATORY updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is it possible to disable future MANDATORY updates?: windows is forcing updates on end of life builds. is there a trick to override this mandatory update ? 177966
  3. The future of windows

in Windows 10 Support
    The future of windows: As you all know almost every computer you buy these days will be Windows 10 as the os unless you have like a chromebook or a apple computer. So what do you think the future of Windows will be. Will it stay as windows ten forever or will there be like a Windows 11 or 12 down...
  4. Route to the remote station with win route table

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Route to the remote station with win route table: Hello, I have three pc's: - Local PC with an ip 192.168.1.100 - Remote PC_1 with an ip 192.168.2.100 - Remote PC_2 with an ip 192.168.2.101 I would like to access remote pc_2 via remote pc_1. On the local pc and remote pc_1 i have enabled routing in the registry. Windows ip...
  5. Future of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Future of Windows: Does anyone know what is happening to Windows 10 after support has ended? I recently heard Microsoft is no longer producing new versions of Windows after Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/future-of-windows/b9e75278-0afc-40d1-bc25-03dee63a2972
  6. is it possible to edit windows route table.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it possible to edit windows route table.: hi, is it possible to edit the windows route table. which language is required for that. thanks. 144074
  7. Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?: I lost two weeks of my time, going through at least 15 different Microsoft techs, and 2 different techs at Corel after the 1903 update abruptly stopped the use of Photoshop, InDesign and Corel Paintshop Prop 2019. I ended up having to do a complete recovery to get them to...
  8. No Control Over Windows 10 And Possible Malware Routes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Control Over Windows 10 And Possible Malware Routes: Can someone help me understand why I have spent over an hour every day removing the same trash programs from my brand new Windows 10 installation? I Uninstall them, the ones that I am allowed to anyway, I remove them from the list of apps allowed through the firewall, I have...
  9. scenic routes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scenic routes: What does the change of color (blue to dark blue) and solid line to dash indicate on scenic routes in the Map app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_maps/scenic-routes/ac3bbb2e-5a87-43b3-8ae9-f2a49f874cb2
  10. Print routing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print routing: I have three printers attached to my main work computer. Each printer is used for different jobs A - Epson R1900 for high quality inkjet englargement printing B - Canon Selphy for passport, ID and index printing C - Canon MX-496 for plain paper document printing...