Windows 10: Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?

Discus and support Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] First off I have set the taskbar to the left side of my screen. Figure 1. Figure 1. taskbar set to the left 9 out of 10 times, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Viking_Sail, May 7, 2020.

1. Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?

Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray? vjH0znqFVz-aHwVpBxZfvUGTHk5deCLzZICZAg0f9Dw.jpg

First off I have set the taskbar to the left side of my screen. Figure 1.

Figure 1. taskbar set to the left

9 out of 10 times, the taskbar tray would have a scaling problem preventing the two rows of icons to be displayed side-by-side like it should be. Let me explain with two pictures:

What it looks like now:

Figure 2. due to alignment error, two rows are stacked together

What it should look like (occasionally displayed correctly on my system):

Figure 3. correct layout. still glitched alignment/scaling

As you can see when I set the width (in the case of a horizontal taskbar: height) of the taskbar to minimum, the two rows of icons will stack up. This issue doesn't appear all the time. But 9/10 it would appear as in Figure 3.

Context 1: I am not using the built-in scaling function. At 1080p it outputs the signal at default 100% scaling to a native 1080p resolution monitor.

Figure 4. 1080p no scaling@native resolution

Context 2: I do sometimes use extended display i.e. I have two monitors side-by-side. Both have native 1080p resolution.

Has anyone had the same issue? How to fix it?

submitted by /u/Viking_Sail
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Viking_Sail, May 7, 2020

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 7, 2020
  4. 阿譽 Win User

Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?

Tray icon is blurred when I switch user with different DPI

Hi everyone,

I develop application in windows 10 build 10586(newest version), and I find a problem.

Suppose I have two user accounts:

• session 1 (account user1), DPI: 125%
    • session 2 (account user2), DPI: 100%
    When I do theses steps, tray icon would be blurred...

• Launch program in user1 session, tray icon looks like clear on the bottom right corner。
    • Switch to another user (user2)。
    • Stitch back to the user1。
    • tray icon is blurred。
    • operate the application, tray icon is normal as long as it's updated。
    Does anyone encounter this issue? It would be no problem if both DPI are 100%, maybe OS use wrong icon to scale into 125%。

Thanks for your answer.

阿譽, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?

1. Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray? - Similar Threads - Possible scaling issue

2. Taskbar Tray icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Tray icon not showing: The taskbar tray or system tray icon is gone when I updated my win 11 to beta channel build 22610.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-tray-icon-not-showing/956d00f2-dbe3-40f3-9a61-aab3ae46e37b
  3. Taskbar Tray icon not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Tray icon not showing: The taskbar tray or system tray icon is gone when I updated my win 11 to beta channel build 22610.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-tray-icon-not-showing/956d00f2-dbe3-40f3-9a61-aab3ae46e37b
  4. Taskbar tray icons not showing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar tray icons not showing.: Hi.My taskbar tray has disappeared, help could come in handy.Before the tray icons disappeared: I was just using my PC. I changed the OS name in bcdedit because i wanted to name it Windows 10 home. After I shut down and turned on my computer the name worked. It was in the...
  5. Taskbar tray icons not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar tray icons not showing.: Hi.My taskbar tray has disappeared, help could come in handy.Before the tray icons disappeared: I was just using my PC. I changed the OS name in bcdedit because i wanted to name it Windows 10 home. After I shut down and turned on my computer the name worked. It was in the...
  6. Taskbar tray icons not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar Icon Tray gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icon Tray gone: I rebooted my pc and came back to all of my icons spread out on my taskbar. I tried consulting Windows Tech Support but they didn't help and provided me a howtogeek article. I can't drag the icons on top of each other to put them in the tray, and the arrow is gone. I don't...
  8. Taskbar icons tray is missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons tray is missing.: I rebooted my pc and came back to all of my icons spread out on my taskbar. I tried consulting Windows Tech Support but they didn't help and provided me a howtogeek article. I can't drag the icons on top of each other to put them in the tray, and the arrow is gone. I don't...
  9. is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?: i wanna hide those two icons. that is not possible via their respective programs. so, is it possible to hack/trick the system via regedit or something to make those two hidden? [img] 130218
  10. DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar: My display resolution is 3000px x 2000px, on 200% display scaling, the recommended setting, the system tray appears underneath the task bar, which hides some of the icons. If I lower the display scaling to 150% this issue goes away. Is there any way to resolve this other than...