Windows 10: Possible scam email

Discus and support Possible scam email in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just got this email. Looks like a scam, but I wanted to double check here just to make sure. Here it is: "Your contract with us has been Update... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lacweal, Jun 29, 2020.

1. lacweal Win User

Possible scam email

Just got this email. Looks like a scam, but I wanted to double check here just to make sure. Here it is:

"Your contract with us has been Update today using the payment methodVisa..XXXX. This Charge of USD 299 was setup by you to be Yearly and it has been debited from your account today and should appear into your bank statement within24 hours.

If you have any questions or wish to cancel
    please connect us on +1 802-210-6800 within two working days.

REFUND POLICY: A refund can only be provided through a verified refund Officer from Accounts Team at +1 802-210-6800 . Account Office will need to check your device id in order to send you the 3d secure refund form, So Please be infront of your computer when you contact for refund

Regards
    ROGER KENT
    Finance Team
    +1 802-210-6800
    Windows Defender Team
    1303 West Jefferson Boulevard, Suite 200
    Los Angeles, CA, USA 90094"

:)

lacweal, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

http://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertrust/2014/09/18/how-to-report-the-microsoft-phone-scam/

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Desiree Yau, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Possible scam email

Smeed, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Possible scam email

1. Possible scam email - Similar Threads - Possible scam email

2. Possible Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Scam: This morning a virus announcement reported from Windows with a response telephone #1-844-528-12312. A gentleman with a middle who wanted me to execute a command www.support.qp or pq which I did not know. I hung up, then received call back from same gentleman with tel #...
  3. Possible Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Scam: I am repeatedly getting a window saying some of my servers are out of date and I need to 'register' to get an update. The name of the sender is too small for me to read. Is this a scam?...
  4. Possible scam

Possible scam: I had occasion to use my backup computer today, an older model hp. It fired right up, ran fast and clean and the graphics were good. After a couple of hours I got a message, presumably from, I thought, Microsoft informing me that PowerApp had been disabled and gave me the...
  5. Possible scam email

Possible scam email: I received the following email message this morning and I am not certain it is valid. Please help: Microsoft account Security info replacement Someone started a process to replace all of the security info for the Microsoft account pw*****. If this was you, click the button...
  6. possible scam

possible scam: I keep receiving a pop up that reads-"One DRIVE ISN'T SIGNED ON". Is this a scam? What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/possible-scam/e5fbd1f4-8fca-4732-be4b-75d24bf02fe2
  7. Possibled scam

Possibled scam: Over the last couple days my lap top has a error message pop up, It states my computer has harmful virus install call mico soft tech at 1 716-406-4636 9 this legit. Microsoft support...
  8. Possible scam using my email address

Possible scam using my email address: Has anybody else been getting threats through their email saying that someone has hacked your system and knows your password, knows what you have been doing on your computer and the person is asking for money or they will send everything that they have to all my contacts?...
  9. Possible scam

Possible scam: Receiving calls (2-3 within 30 minutes) from a Catherine claiming to be from Microsoft telling me that my computer was compromised by many foreign countries and that I need to reset my computer....
  10. possible scam

possible scam: hi I have awake to a system warning pop up and a loud continuous beep sound also another pop up box that says "Wait" the windows firewall has detected that you have not updated your windows system It remains damaged and vulnerable ** do not leave this page until you have...