Windows 10: Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security

Discus and support Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since a similar scam was going on in 2020 I thought I would post about an ongoing one I received today. The email was formatted as an invoice for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilipCacciatore, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security

Since a similar scam was going on in 2020 I thought I would post about an ongoing one I received today. The email was formatted as an invoice for "Microsoft Defender Pro Security" for $488.97 which made me suspicious along with the software title. The payment method specified was "Auto Debit" to your debit or credit card attached with Microsoft Account. The email stated that the subscription would be automatically renewed until cancelled. There was a phone number attached if you wanted to cancel.There were so many things wrong with this email I was inclined to throw it away. However, I c

:)

PhilipCacciatore, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 19, 2021
  3. possible scam

That's a scam!
    Do not allow access to your computer.

Just hang up on those scammers.

Microsoft doesn't call you if you didn't ask them to call you.

Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Please read:

Video from Microsoft Digital Crimes Unit:

Don't Be a Victim of Tech Support Scams

Report phone scams

Jsssssssss, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security

Jsssssssss, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security

1. Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security - Similar Threads - Possible Scam something

2. Scam Microsoft call?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam Microsoft call?: I was working on my computer then all of a sudden it was like someone took over my computer. a flashing blue message a recording your computer has been locked! could not do anything. Warned me about identity theft all the time saying they were from Microsoft headquarters. The...
  3. Scam Microsoft call?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam Microsoft call?: I was working on my computer then all of a sudden it was like someone took over my computer. a flashing blue message a recording your computer has been locked! could not do anything. Warned me about identity theft all the time saying they were from Microsoft headquarters. The...
  4. Scam Microsoft call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam Microsoft call: I received multiple calls from a private number starting in +49 country code and an Indian accent. He said that he is from Microsoft Technical Support and my computer are sending them many warnings and errors. I think this is a scams, are you aware of this?...
  5. Scam Microsoft Call

Scam Microsoft Call: I received 2 calls from a Private Number with a +49 country code, with an Indian accent.He said to me that he was from Microsoft Tech Support and that my computer has been sending them many warning and error messages.I think it is a Scam...!Do you have any news about this?...
  6. Windows Defender Security scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security scam: How do I get rid of Windows Defender Security scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scam/9f1fb321-57e6-4f83-9d71-fb5fb0be973e
  7. Windows Defender Security scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security scam: How do I get rid of Windows Defender Security scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scam/9f1fb321-57e6-4f83-9d71-fb5fb0be973e
  8. Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam

Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam: I received a email that I was billed for $299.99 for a plan.I did not authorize this so I called the number, it appears to be a scam as they wanted me to type in a RSUPPORT.US address and fill out a cancelation form, they would not tell me what credit card I was charged until...
  9. Microsoft scam call...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft scam call...: Some woman with an Indian accent claiming to be from Microsoft called my dad that his PC is hacked and that she needs the Windows product ID, but luckily my dad told me to come and listen what she wanted and then she over heard me and hung up... So I was just wondering if...
  10. Microsoft phone call - Scam?

Microsoft phone call - Scam?: Split from this thread. buy my son and laptop and someone from Microsoft today phone tell someone got is account and I got pay £ 200 to change is i p address account is the right do i pay it. IT ON A NEW LAPTOP HE HAD FOR CHRISTMAS . Can someone help please...