Windows 10: Possible scam using my email address

Discus and support Possible scam using my email address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has anybody else been getting threats through their email saying that someone has hacked your system and knows your password, knows what you have been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mwizard554, May 3, 2019.

1. Possible scam using my email address

Has anybody else been getting threats through their email saying that someone has hacked your system and knows your password, knows what you have been doing on your computer and the person is asking for money or they will send everything that they have to all my contacts?

:)

mwizard554, May 3, 2019
  2. JimWynne Win User

Email received about possible scam?!

Don't respond. It's a scam.

JimWynne, May 3, 2019
  3. Walt-11 Win User
    Is email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address?

Is the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    a scam address?

Please don't guess. I want solid answers.

Walt-11, May 3, 2019
  4. Possible scam using my email address

Email received about possible scam?!

I got an email earlier today about a possible scam. It said it was from the Technical dept. of Windows Security Center in Delaware, USA, saying that there was some unwanted changes & Emails from my IP address. It gave a telephone number of 1-855-441-4460
    to call. But the TO: at the top said *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and that is not my email address. Can you tell me if I should respond to this?! Thx

Sharon6918, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Possible scam using my email address

1. Possible scam using my email address - Similar Threads - Possible scam using

2. Unauthorized use of my email address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unauthorized use of my email address: I received this email from a friend: Just a heads up that your email address was recently used to automatically and maliciously send an email with a web link to a malware website. It looks like it may have gone to multiple undisclosed recipients. What do I do now?...
  3. possible scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    possible scam: contacted by Alex concerning Microsoft defenders. Is he employed by you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/possible-scam/8681ddc9-7e8c-44ec-ba04-1e659161eb5f"
  4. Possible scam

Possible scam: Receiving calls (2-3 within 30 minutes) from a Catherine claiming to be from Microsoft telling me that my computer was compromised by many foreign countries and that I need to reset my computer....
  5. possible scam

possible scam: hi I have awake to a system warning pop up and a loud continuous beep sound also another pop up box that says "Wait" the windows firewall has detected that you have not updated your windows system It remains damaged and vulnerable ** do not leave this page until you have...
  6. Is email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address?: Is the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address? Please don't guess. I want solid answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-email-a-scam-address/40d3a792-6757-45ed-8712-9892f51f6479"
  7. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is scam?

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** is scam?: Is the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** a scam address? Please don't guess. I want solid answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-scam/4ce9077b-3702-4d79-a60c-b14aefc608b7"
  8. possible scam

possible scam: A few minutes ago I received an audio message supposedly from microsoft saying that my computer had been invaded and that If I left the page before I called them my computer would be damaged. I called the number 855.783.5888 but did not proceed to download supremo as they...
  9. IP address scam

IP address scam: I received an error on my computer while trying to access the internet. It gave a phone number to call (sorry I don't have that still). When I called, the man named Max Gilbert told me our computer had been hacked. He asked for access and I agreed to let him do that. He...
  10. Possible Scam

Possible Scam: I received a call in which my own phone number was displayed on my caller id screen, informing me that my IP address has been compromised by several entities. I was instructed to call Microsoft and to press a particular number on my phone key pad to connect with "Microsoft...