Windows 10: possible scam

Discus and support possible scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting calls from "Windows PC Care" saying my security support has expired. I will be charged $399.00 if I don't cancel, in which I have to go... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Izzyboy2192, Nov 12, 2019.

1. possible scam

I am getting calls from "Windows PC Care" saying my security support has expired. I will be charged $399.00

if I don't cancel, in which I have to go to their web address to start the process.

He called & called & called. When I stopped answering he started texting me.

It's a scam, yes??!

:)

Izzyboy2192, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam - Microsoft Security

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 12, 2019
  4. possible scam

Possible virus or scam

As already mentioned:

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Normally you just close your browser:
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2014/11/psa-tech-support-scams-pop-ups-on-the-rise/

8 Ways to Open Windows Task Manager - wikiHow

You might want to run a quick scan with your Anti-Virus program.

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

Suggestion to read:

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

possible scam

1. possible scam - Similar Threads - possible scam

2. Question about possible scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about possible scam: I have been contact by a company that claims I have been using there software for the past two years with a electronic signed contract(emailed me proof)I have looked for this software on my computer and cannot find it anywhere. The company is called US Info Solutions (***...
  3. possible scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    possible scam: (Robocall) Microsoft support center alleging someone is trying to hack PC and may steal information. When they connected me to someone, I asked who that person was with and they immediately broke the connection.This is at least 3 call of this nature in 4 wks....
  4. Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before

Possible New Scam That I've Not Seen Before: Hello Everyone, I've had this pop up and take over Edge Twice this morning. The only way I've found to close the browser after this message appears, is to open "task Manage" and selecting to Close Edge from there using ( Ctrl + Alt + Del ) command on your...
  5. possible scam

possible scam: I just changed my password. Soon thereafter I got a message informing me that my account will be closed if I don't call 1-828-357-7166 within 48 hours. I suspect that someone is trying to scam me. Am I correct??...
  6. possible scam

possible scam: I keep receiving a pop up that reads-"One DRIVE ISN'T SIGNED ON". Is this a scam? What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/possible-scam/e5fbd1f4-8fca-4732-be4b-75d24bf02fe2
  7. Possibled scam

Possibled scam: Over the last couple days my lap top has a error message pop up, It states my computer has harmful virus install call mico soft tech at 1 716-406-4636 9 this legit. Microsoft support...
  8. Possible Scam

Possible Scam: I am trying to figure out if a family member has been drawn into a scam or not. Does anyone know anything about "Infotech Solutions"? The phone number with the message on the answering machine from the tech support person today was 1-888-276-1984. They appear to be...
  9. Computer lock-down, possible scam

Computer lock-down, possible scam: I was recently browsing some recipes in Chrome when a red website appeared and a voice said it had locked down my computer. It wouldn't closeby hitting the X at the top so I opened the Task Manager and closed my browser. That worked. It happened one other time within an...
  10. Possible scam, possibly not. Need verification on this ASAP

Possible scam, possibly not. Need verification on this ASAP: Hello. I hope you are having a good day, reading these problems all day probably can get pretty monotonous. So I thought I'd start by saying thank you for helping me with this issue. I truly do value the help. Now, recently a group called PC NETWORK EXPERTS installed showed...