Windows 10: Possible scam

Discus and support Possible scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On March 8, I worked with a support service that said they were with Microsoft. Involved was MS Secure, provides two contact phone numbers. Today,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rayfrid, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Rayfrid Win User

Possible scam

On March 8, I worked with a support service that said they were with Microsoft. Involved was MS Secure, provides two contact phone numbers.

Today, March 25, I called both numbers, receiving a phone company recording saying these are out of service. These numbers are 1-877-805-0306 & 1-888-503-1763. Is this legitimate ?

:)

Rayfrid, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

Microsoft security help & learning - Microsoft Support

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

http://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertrust/2014/09/18/how-to-report-the-microsoft-phone-scam/

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Possible scam

Possible virus or scam

As already mentioned:

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Normally you just close your browser:
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2014/11/psa-tech-support-scams-pop-ups-on-the-rise/

8 Ways to Open Windows Task Manager - wikiHow

You might want to run a quick scan with your Anti-Virus program.

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

Suggestion to read:

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Possible scam

1. Possible scam - Similar Threads - Possible scam

2. Report possible Microsoft support scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report possible Microsoft support scam: So I'm reluctantly posting this because it seems impossible to talk to an actual human at Microsoft. I am trying to report a possible Microsoft support scam that appears when searching Microsoft support number on google, and judging by how difficult it is to actually talk to...
  3. Report possible Microsoft support scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Report possible Microsoft support scam: So I'm reluctantly posting this because it seems impossible to talk to an actual human at Microsoft. I am trying to report a possible Microsoft support scam that appears when searching Microsoft support number on google, and judging by how difficult it is to actually talk to...
  4. What email address do I use to forward possible email scam to Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What email address do I use to forward possible email scam to Microsoft?: email received from: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** received your order #ODF3265411010000 on May 09, 2023Order Details:Order number: ODF3265411010000Order Date: May 09, 2023Product: Microsoft Firewall Premium ProtectionUser: 1Validity: 12 monthsPrice: $299.99...
  5. What email address do I use to forward possible email scam to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What email address do I use to forward possible email scam to Microsoft?: email received from: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** received your order #ODF3265411010000 on May 09, 2023Order Details:Order number: ODF3265411010000Order Date: May 09, 2023Product: Microsoft Firewall Premium ProtectionUser: 1Validity: 12 monthsPrice: $299.99...
  6. What email address do I use to forward possible email scam to Microsoft?

7. what email address do I use to report possible email scam?

what email address do I use to report possible email scam?: email received from: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** received your order #ODF3265411010000 on May 09, 2023Order Details:Order number: ODF3265411010000Order Date: May 09, 2023Product: Microsoft Firewall Premium ProtectionUser: 1Validity: 12 monthsPrice: $299.99...
  8. I am just trying to find a live human being to ask about a possible scam.

I am just trying to find a live human being to ask about a possible scam.: please, somebody answer my question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-just-trying-to-find-a-live-human-being-to-ask/011357ee-aa6d-4433-ae71-fb31842ce550
  9. how do i reach someone at Microsoft about a possible phishing scam, phone numbers nor live...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i reach someone at Microsoft about a possible phishing scam, phone numbers nor live...: how do i reach someone at Microsoft about a possible phishing scam, phone numbers nor live chat can't be found??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reach-someone-at-microsoft-about-a/b3c77e57-a053-4d63-8ba6-3d82277953f1
  10. how do i reach someone at Microsoft about a possible phishing scam, phone numbers nor live...

how do i reach someone at Microsoft about a possible phishing scam, phone numbers nor live...: how do i reach someone at Microsoft about a possible phishing scam, phone numbers nor live chat can't be found??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reach-someone-at-microsoft-about-a/b3c77e57-a053-4d63-8ba6-3d82277953f1