Windows 10: Possible scamer from Norway

Discus and support Possible scamer from Norway in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just received 5 telephone calls from differents numbers from Telemark Norway , to alert me about a "terrible virus" in my computer. The person said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MM&_000007, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Possible scamer from Norway

I just received 5 telephone calls from differents numbers from Telemark Norway , to alert me about a "terrible virus" in my computer. The person said that he calls from Windows Techinical Deppartment and told me to open a file called "eventvwr" through the tab "Run" on windows. I found an article online where it said that theres a norwayan scamer, so i hung up. I didnt give him any personal data but i opened the file. Is it possible that my computer has been "infected" by a scamer, if i only open the file "eventvwr" as the person told me to? if yes, what do i have to do?the telephone number

:)

MM&_000007, Jan 14, 2022
  2. RalphVest Win User

scamers

I was contacted by someone who said they were with Microsoft ended up being a scamer Be careful who you anser

RalphVest, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 16, 2022
  4. spunk Win User

Possible scamer from Norway

VPN problem Norway

Opera's free VPN in their browser only gives you a general Virtual area to mask where you are in the world. If you click the blue VPN in the address bar, there is Virtual Location listed, take the drop down arrow and you can choose America, Europe or Asia as virtual locations. If you need it to virtually be specifically in Norway, then you will need a paid VPN service that allows you to pinpoint where you virtually are.

spunk, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Possible scamer from Norway

1. Possible scamer from Norway - Similar Threads - Possible scamer Norway

2. Possible scamer from Norway

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible scamer from Norway: I just received 5 telephone calls from differents numbers from Telemark Norway , to alert me about a "terrible virus" in my computer. The person said that he calls from Windows Techinical Deppartment and told me to open a file called "eventvwr" through the tab "Run" on...
  3. POSSIBLE COLD CALL FROM MICROSOFT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    POSSIBLE COLD CALL FROM MICROSOFT: Hi I received a call from someone claiming to be from microfsoft, saying there was a problem with the computer something about foreign IPs that cannot be picked up by antivirus. He said he's prove he is who he says he is by verifying the ID on my computer using CMD ASSOC and...
  4. New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec. Is it possible to have a pin/password...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New to BitLocker,possibly switching from symantec. Is it possible to have a pin/password...: Need to have pin for each user that uses computer. During pre-boot and pin is asked for is it possible to have different pins per user account on computer? Such as two non-admin users and an admin user?...
  5. Is it possible to revert from 1909 to 1709?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to revert from 1909 to 1709?: If so can anyone help me out? submitted by /u/xMitro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etgms6/is_it_possible_to_revert_from_1909_to_1709/
  6. VPN problem Norway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN problem Norway: Having a problem trying to access and watch Norwegian TV with Opera's built in VPN but it keeps saying that it's not viewable outside Norway. I then discovered "Express VPN" link below which tells me to buy Express VPN ?? Appreciate any help thanks.... Lenovo Win 10 64 bit...
  7. scamers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    scamers: I was contacted by someone who said they were with Microsoft ended up being a scamer Be careful who you anser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scamers/d50c43ff-5ada-4784-8142-8c6a7bbc25f3
  8. BSOD possibly from TCPIP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD possibly from TCPIP: Hi all I am hoping you can help with a BSOD that I am getting. I never have got my windbg symbols to work correctly but my minidumps seem to point to an issue with TCPIP.SYS. Previously it seemed to BSOD when browsing, but this latest one was happened right after I said...
  9. Possible BSOD from bugcheck.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible BSOD from bugcheck.: Hello, in my last three months with my new computer, with Windows 10, I've come across a large amount of issues. Most I have found fixes for, some I have not been able to. One of the many I haven't successfully found a fix for, is an error that sometimes comes up after a...
  10. is it possible upgrade windows from boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it possible upgrade windows from boot?: I click upgrade and receive this message: [img] Apparently it is not possible upgrade when system boot from DVD or USB but I am not sure. please tell me that is possible or certainly should run setup.exe in other to upgrade. because current windows don't run and I...