Windows 10: Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW

Discus and support Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Unfortunately its hard to recreate this situation but it happend to me twice now: When i started my PC i got a window asking me to do some setup steps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vinosecc, May 20, 2023.

1. Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW

Unfortunately its hard to recreate this situation but it happend to me twice now:

When i started my PC i got a window asking me to do some setup steps for Windows. Asked if i want to use edge... no obviously... Asked if i wanted to create a microsoft account... i press cancel... and im on my desktop, PC unlocked without ever asking for my password.

Before booting up, power to my PC was off using a switched plug strip and when i shut it down earlier nothing hinted that a setup would be neccessary on next boot up.

This cant be a feature, right?

submitted by /u/Vinosecc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vinosecc, May 20, 2023
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 20, 2023
  3. Windows Security pw

I have two networked home computers. Recently I made changes to network and now it requires a Windows Security pw to access. It accepts my Name but not my pw. I have tried my Home Group pw and my Wyfi pw and then I changed the pw thro M/S site but it still
    doesn't accept the new pw. Is there a difference b/t M/S pw and Windows Security pw?

How do I set a new Windows Security pw?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BryanLongXX, May 20, 2023
  4. Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW

win 10 suddenly not asking for pw on screen saver end

Hello,

This issue might occur due to corrupted user account settings. I suggest you to perform the steps below and check if this helps.

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Write us back on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 20, 2023
Thema:

Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW

1. Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW - Similar Threads - Possible security issue

2. Possible Security/Privacy Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Security/Privacy Issue: I am new to Windows 11, I noticed that after my laptop is in SLEEP, when I wake it, it goes directly back to my open windows without prompting me for my security key before returning to my session. This security key prompt happens with Windows 10. Is this normal processing ?...
  3. Possible Security/Privacy Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Security/Privacy Issue: I am new to Windows 11, I noticed that after my laptop is in SLEEP, when I wake it, it goes directly back to my open windows without prompting me for my security key before returning to my session. This security key prompt happens with Windows 10. Is this normal processing ?...
  4. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  5. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  6. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

7. Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working: Upgraded a quality update for 21H2 and got the dreaded blue screen.Restart a number of times.Get to Advanced Options and try Start Up RepairAsks for my Windows 10 PasswordEnter my PW"The PW is incorrect. Try again" Still not working!Rebooted and tried again, still the same...
  8. Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working: Upgraded a quality update for 21H2 and got the dreaded blue screen.Restart a number of times.Get to Advanced Options and try Start Up RepairAsks for my Windows 10 PasswordEnter my PW"The PW is incorrect. Try again" Still not working!Rebooted and tried again, still the same...
  9. Windows 10 21H2 asking for PW in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. unzip a file without pw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unzip a file without pw: ok trying to open a zipped file but its asking for a passwords but i never put a password on it so I'm confused can anyone help?Tks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-a-file-without-pw/106a6e6a-9858-41eb-b793-15e5237ebaa8