Windows 10: possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

Discus and support possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pi_981, Mar 16, 2023.

1. pi_981 Win User

possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate - attempt to add a new account in Mail and Calendar or in Settings, then select Google. Scroll to the bottom and click Help, then click the Google apps icon to go to Google Search. From there, search for a browser detector, and it will come up with IE11. This happens in both Windows 11 and Windows 10.Most if not all Stor

:)

pi_981, Mar 16, 2023

2. Microsoft Edge and IE11 better together in Windows 10 Anniv. Update

Most Enterprises do not use tablets as the interface device, but normal desktops and PCs. ..... So while I am not saying that the above is not needed, it is not on the list of priorities for enterprises.

Geoff Daniell, Mar 16, 2023
  3. Microsoft Edge Security Issues

Hi Corey,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know which anti-virus program are you using?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Click on Settings and click on Advanced settings.
    • On cookies option select Don’t block cookies.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step.

Method 2.

If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance. I suggest you to run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to delete browsing history, cookies and cached and check.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Go to settings and click on Choose what to clear
      tab under clear browsing data.

• And clear browsing history, cached and cookies.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, Mar 16, 2023
  4. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

[UWP]Issues with WebView control

We are building an UWP app that includes the WebView control, in development we are trying to display pages from a website that is running within our local domain\network however the WebView will not display the site (blank with no exceptions).

Developing, testing and deploying on a Laptop and Desktop PC

Desktop OS version: 15063.413

If we change the URL to an external web site then it works as expected.

If we use Edge, IE or any other browser then the local web site works as expected.

If we disconnect the laptop\desktop from the local WiFi or Ethernet and connect to our mobile phone via hotspot (i.e. cellular network (external)) then the WebView displays the web site correctly.

If we deploy the app to a device (mobile) 10.0.15063.414 and connect to the local network then the app displays correctly.

In summary

* Developing and testing on a laptop connected to our local network and loading a web site on the same network fails to load.

* Connecting the laptop via an external connection, the website loads without issue.

* Deploying the app to a device connected to the local network and the local site loads correctly.

We have tested on multiple Windows 10 PC's and Laptops and get the same issue.

We have built a Windows Forms test application using the WebBrowser control and have none of the issues that we have experienced above.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

TechnicaOneAU, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

1. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView - Similar Threads - possible security issue

2. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  3. possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    possible security issue with IE11 and Edge WebView: I just happened to notice a few things that I believe might be of significance to Microsoft, including the following:IE11 so it seems is still used in Windows, namely, during the setup of new email accounts in the Mail and Calendar app AND in the Settings app. To replicate -...
  4. Ms edge - ie11 emulation???

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge - ie11 emulation???: I have a software package, an installation .exe file, that needs IE to work. Is there any way for MS Edge to emulate IE since my version W10 Build 21390.2025 does not include IE and will not permit it to be installed. Any thoughts appreciated. 181784
  5. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...
  6. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...
  7. TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11

in Browsers and Email
    TLS Security Question- Firefox,Edge and IE11: O.K. Yesterday I ran a DISM restorehealth. When I went to reboot, I also had updates to install (that I hadn't noticed). Since then I have been unable to go to at least 2 sites due to a TLS security reason. I mean the browser(s) just flat out refuse to go there. No option to...
  8. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  9. IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Tab Preview (Similar to Edge)... Possible?: I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So... can I enable tab previews by hovering over the tab, such as is the case in Edge? Thanks in advance. 62101
  10. IE11 Issue

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Issue: Need a little help. When I go on MSN, IE11 shows gray boxes where pictures go. It seems to to be only happening on my account. I created another user account, and IE11 displays properly on MSN. Also, Store will not open on my account but opens on the newly created...