Windows 10: Possible switching Win 10 licenses?

Discus and support Possible switching Win 10 licenses? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had A PC running a free upgrade Win 10 Pro, but had to replace the mother board. The "new" mother board was actually used, with Win 10 Home linked. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TKW, Dec 9, 2018.

1. TKW
    TKW Win User

Possible switching Win 10 licenses?

I had A PC running a free upgrade Win 10 Pro, but had to replace the mother board.
    The "new" mother board was actually used, with Win 10 Home linked.
    I linked them both to my Microsoft account, and yet Windows would not activate, complaining that the license is for Home.
    Troubleshooter > I changed hardware, only lets me choose that I am using the old motherboard.
    I have no keys.
    Is there a way to get my Win Pro activated?

Thanks!

:)

2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 9, 2018
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Dec 9, 2018
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible switching Win 10 licenses? - Similar Threads - Possible switching licenses

2. Upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 on a new PC with my current license and then switching to a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 on a new PC with my current license and then switching to a...: So, I have a Microsoft account that has a Windows 10 Pro license associated with it. At least I assume so, since that's how I got W10 Pro back after reinstalling Windows on my current pc. I never actually bought Windows on it, but instead used a retail activation key, but...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 on a new PC with my current license and then switching to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 on a new PC with my current license and then switching to a...: So, I have a Microsoft account that has a Windows 10 Pro license associated with it. At least I assume so, since that's how I got W10 Pro back after reinstalling Windows on my current pc. I never actually bought Windows on it, but instead used a retail activation key, but...
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 to Win 11 on a new PC with my current license and then switching to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win 10 key and switch license to another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 key and switch license to another computer: I am trying to uninstall win 10 pro retail from one machine and use it to upgrade the win 10 home on my laptop. The first machine is going to be decommissioned....
  6. Switch Windows 10 License

Switch Windows 10 License: Hi Team, I bought a laptop in 2018, Lenevo Ideapad. It cam with an OEM license of Windows 10. I upgraded the license to Windows 10 Pro. This year I bought a new laptop MSI, since I needed to do more computing. It also came with Windows 10 OEM license. I need my pro license...
  7. Win 10 license

Win 10 license: Hi, I have recently updated my motherboard and after that I am asked to activate my windows license because Microsoft doesnt recognise my hardware anymore. Trying to give it my microsoft account didnt help. Therefore, I built in my old motherboard again and wanted to...
  8. Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?

Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?: Hello there! I have a system with Win 10pro installed with a digital license. I plan on upgrading system with new mobo/cpu/ram. Current mobo/cpu/ram would go to trash as I have no use for them. I would be using the same ssd as C:\ By what I have read online it seems I...
  9. Win 10 license

Win 10 license: I purchased a used Desktop on eBay. The computer has a Microsoft sticker with product key on it. Can I use that product key to install windows, or in other words does the license transfer with the computer, or do i need to purchase a product key because the sticker is only...
  10. Change the Windows 10 license with License Switch

in Windows 10 News
    Change the Windows 10 license with License Switch: License Switch is a free portable software program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to change the license of the system to another one. While it is quite easy to switch from one edition of Windows 10 to another using built-in tools -- all you have to do is run...