Windows 10: Possible Thunderbird glitch that MAY affect users.

Discus and support Possible Thunderbird glitch that MAY affect users. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just updated Thunderbird to 38.3, restarted and it was basically unusable, no emails visible etc. The fix. Clear the browser cache Menu... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Torquemada, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Possible Thunderbird glitch that MAY affect users.

Just updated Thunderbird to 38.3, restarted and it was basically unusable, no emails visible etc.

The fix.

Clear the browser cache Menu Bar\Tools\Clear recent history and the Windows Temp directory.
    Shutdown any anti-virus software you are running. (optional, I never)
    Download a new copy of the full installer from http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
    Delete the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird
    Run the installer.
    Restart the anti-virus program. (if needed)

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=39&t=2965781

:)

Torquemada, Oct 13, 2015

2. E71 and e-mail ongoing problem

After update, I am unable to set up e-mail . I get the "unable to contact server " message which other users are reporting and trying to use a previous older update file doesn't solve prob.

I think many may be affected by this glitch and someone may have found an answer so, anyone, even Nokia, lets hear it ?

Albanach---01, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Ovi Suite not compatible with Thunderbird 5

I think that takover of Nokia by Microsoft means for us, Thunderbird users, that sync with Nokia wil be not possible any more. By by.

piterbolszoj, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Possible Thunderbird glitch that MAY affect users.

Hi:

Yes, good advice.*Smile
    That is the standard procedure for a broken TB install, though it is rarely needed (regardless of Window OS flavor or TB version). (I've never had to do it in >12 years of using TB.)
    And AFAIK there is nothing "special" about TB 38.3.0 that ought to break upon upgrading.

Having said that, it's generally a good idea to backup one's TB profile (aka user data) before doing a reinstall, using Mozbackup or some other means.

One's stuff (including all of one's email messages, account data, etc.) should not be affected by a program reinstall.
    But, having a profile backup "just in case" is not a bad idea.*Wink

Another tip for a trouble-free upgrade: rather than using the program's auto-updater, download the full TB installer from HERE. It can generally be run on top of an existing installation. Doing so seems overall to be a bit more reliable than the auto-updater.

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

Possible Thunderbird glitch that MAY affect users.

1. Possible Thunderbird glitch that MAY affect users. - Similar Threads - Possible Thunderbird glitch

2. possible desktop corruption or malware affected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible desktop corruption or malware affected: My desktop computer with windows 10 recently started resetting /refreshing the screen for all icons on the main window and then along the bottom task bar about every 2 minute. but not exactly every 2 minutes each time. It does not stop and there appears to be constant hard...
  3. possible desktop corruption or malware affected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible desktop corruption or malware affected: My desktop computer with windows 10 recently started resetting /refreshing the screen for all icons on the main window and then along the bottom task bar about every 2 minute. but not exactly every 2 minutes each time. It does not stop and there appears to be constant hard...
  4. Possibly glitched hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Possibly glitched hello pin: I'm trying to log in into the Xbox app for Windows 10 and when I correctly put in my password, it shows "Set up your account with Windows Hello" pop up. After that there is a screen asking me for my Windows pin. The account I logged into never had a Windows Hello pin set up....
  5. Possible Keyboard Input Glitch?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Keyboard Input Glitch?: Hello community! I hope I can find the answer regarding my issue here.So it's been about a week since I first experienced a weird -- possibly bug -- related to my laptop's keyboard. It happened every time I finished filling up web browser form textfield, submitting the form...
  6. User Account affectiveness

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account affectiveness: I am using a live production program with Window 10 pro. Problem: If I use original accountcreated an account while install window10 pro, program runs very smooth. However, after switch to other user account the program is runs differentBad. It uses more CPU then the...
  7. A weird glitch affecting the keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A weird glitch affecting the keyboard: Hey The arrow keys(cursor keys) in my laptop (HP OMEN 15 2020) are having a wierd glitch where they randomly stop working but every time I restart my laptop they again starts working Also if I logout and then at the time of login (when I'm typing my password) the keys...
  8. Upcoming changes to MS mail servers may affect Hotmail users

in Browsers and Email
    Upcoming changes to MS mail servers may affect Hotmail users: This is a head-up to users of Hotmail accounts. You may know that Hotmail accounts have been aliased to outlook.com accounts for some time. I have just learned that Microsoft will, over the current quarter, change the mail server setup to use Outlook365 at the back-end. I...
  9. Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance: I've been having a problem for the last week or so, basically I keep getting lag spikes / glitches that affect the performance of my machine. This manifests itself in the most obvious way as what can best be described as occasional "gzzzfchzz" sounds (much like a BSoD sound...
  10. Possible glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible glitch?: I'm not asking for a fix here, I'm just wondering if this happens to anybody else. If right click the time, click "Customize notification icons" and select "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", will Settings instantly close? "Turn system icons on or off" still...