Windows 10: Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

Discus and support Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My question is the title, is this possible? Let's say I have a .txt file that I want to add a file attribute only for my guidance, for example the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alesyt0h, Jan 29, 2019.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

My question is the title, is this possible?

Let's say I have a .txt file that I want to add a file attribute only for my guidance, for example the number of lines or a clue of which is inside, but that file I will transfer it to another people and I don't want them to know that information. Is this possible to add a file attribute only for the computer which it was created (or for specific computers)?

Thank you

:)

alesyt0h, Jan 29, 2019

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    File Attributes automaticly change in Windows 10

We appreciate updating us. It is also possible that the file attributes automatically changing is because of the application itself every time the file is accessed and the application has full control of it.

In the meantime, you can try removing the full control of the file by following these steps:

• Right-click the file then Properties.
    • Select Security tab and click Edit button.
    • Choose checkbox Deny, click Apply then OK and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

file saving with Windows 10

Hi Robert,

It is possible that the files on the separate hard drive is set as Read-only. We suggest that you see the steps below to check the file properties:

• Right-click on the file, then click on Properties.
    • Under Attributes: section, see if the Ready-only has a check mark, if yes uncheck it.
    • Click on Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

1. Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer? - Similar Threads - Possible add file

2. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  3. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  4. Rating File Attribute Read Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rating File Attribute Read Only: After upgrading to Windows 11, I have noticed that the "Rating" File Attribute on Video or Photos is now Read only and there is no way to modify or edit it. In Windows 10 this works fine. As a matter of fact, if I take that file back to a Windows 10 machine, I am able to edit...
  5. Rating File Attribute Read Only

Rating File Attribute Read Only: After upgrading to Windows 11, I have noticed that the "Rating" File Attribute on Video or Photos is now Read only and there is no way to modify or edit it. In Windows 10 this works fine. As a matter of fact, if I take that file back to a Windows 10 machine, I am able to edit...
  6. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  7. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  8. File Attributes

9. How can I add more attribute to the file

How can I add more attribute to the file: Hi, I have scanned documents as PDF file, and I want to add more attributes to its properties to fill them up, such as my Name, Id, phone, Email etc.. the purpose I want in the future make searching easier for me to find the files quickly Example Picture, it is great...
  10. Is it possible to download files for only one user with Windows 10?

Is it possible to download files for only one user with Windows 10?: ? Kann man bei Windows 10 Dateien für nur einen Benutzer herunterladen?