Windows 10: Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

Discus and support Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My question is the title, is this possible? Let's say I have a .txt file that I want to add a file attribute only for my guidance, for example the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alesyt0h, Jan 29, 2019.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

My question is the title, is this possible?

Let's say I have a .txt file that I want to add a file attribute only for my guidance, for example the number of lines or a clue of which is inside, but that file I will transfer it to another people and I don't want them to know that information. Is this possible to add a file attribute only for the computer which it was created (or for specific computers)?

Thank you

:)

alesyt0h, Jan 29, 2019

2. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    File Attributes automaticly change in Windows 10

We appreciate updating us. It is also possible that the file attributes automatically changing is because of the application itself every time the file is accessed and the application has full control of it.

In the meantime, you can try removing the full control of the file by following these steps:

• Right-click the file then Properties.
    • Select Security tab and click Edit button.
    • Choose checkbox Deny, click Apply then OK and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

file saving with Windows 10

Hi Robert,

It is possible that the files on the separate hard drive is set as Read-only. We suggest that you see the steps below to check the file properties:

• Right-click on the file, then click on Properties.
    • Under Attributes: section, see if the Ready-only has a check mark, if yes uncheck it.
    • Click on Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer?

1. Possible to add a file attribute for only one computer? - Similar Threads - Possible add file

2. Possible to add images as file metadata?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible to add images as file metadata?: Hello. I'm using File Metadata to add custom values in file attributes to a some text files. I have this: [img] See the comment: this is custom. It will be possible to add like a small icon like an smiley or something instead of words? Thank you 130456
  3. Is it possible to allow network file sharing only over one network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to allow network file sharing only over one network?: Hello, I was wondering if network file sharing can be allowed only over my office's WiFi and disable on all other networks such as hotspots. 128649
  4. Only one way communication possible?

Only one way communication possible?: I have two computers, both running Windows 10, in the same network. I have mapped the harddrive of each computer onto the other. The mapping works always, but only one way, and not necessarily the same way. That means. Monday, I can see the hard drive of computer A from...
  5. Drive D attributes and file management

Drive D attributes and file management: I am attempting to copy my data (documents, pictures, music, etc.) to the D drive to free up space on C. I changed the default setting to D under Settings-Storage-Change where new content is saved. I then opened File Explorer and moved a directory from C to D. It moved the...
  6. Is it possible to have only one monitor shuffle wallpapers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to have only one monitor shuffle wallpapers?: I have two monitors and I was wondering if it is possible to have one monitor have a static wallpaper and the other shuffle wallpapers. 27257
  7. Need help with file attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with file attributes: Hi and thanks for adding me. I have been searching the internet like crazy and it seems no one knows what i'm asking for. I want to change the attribute to hidden for one file type. In particular .db files. I don't want to change one file, I want to change all. db files. Its...
  8. folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only: When I have to write to a sub-folder in either Program Files or Program Files (x86) and regardless if I turn off Read-Only attribute for the folder, the folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only toggled on within a Standard Account even though I'm prompt for the Admin...
  9. Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?: Seems like only folders can be added to Quick Access but I'd like to pin a handful of files (Word docs) which I access frequently. Is there a way to do it? 45367
  10. how to recover files attributed 'read only' from a former c: drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to recover files attributed 'read only' from a former c: drive?: Hello. I migrated to a ssd and i need to move some files so i can format the former c: drive. i tried to change the security permissions, owners, users and all that with a guide i found online. i removed the inheritance and replaced child object permission entries and...