Windows 10: Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

Discus and support Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dedq, Jul 11, 2019.

1. dedq Win User

Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it.
    System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive.
    Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage?

Thank you in advance!

:)

2. recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: http://goo.gl/kkn4Vs

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? :)

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 11, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Msap14 Win User

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? - Similar Threads - Possible backup data

2. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  3. Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync two external hard drives - not One Drive: I am interested in syncing two 12TB external drives through my Windows 10 machine, I call them A and B. I want to be able to update the B drive every so often with organisation changes and additions that I make on my A drive automatically after choosing the moment to sync and...
  4. How to combine two drives which are from one hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to combine two drives which are from one hard drive?: Hello,I have a 1TB hard drive which I split up during windows installation into two 500GB drives. Now I have this configuration in the disk manager:I dont know why, but the single drive is shown as two separate disks and I cant manage to combine them. What can I do to combine...
  5. Clone two hard drives into one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone two hard drives into one?: Need some help. I have two hard drives that I want to consolidate all the data into one. Macrium usually works for this however it says it will delete the destination drive before copying. How can I copy one drive over then the other without deleting the data from the...
  6. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  7. Making a backup of two hard drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a backup of two hard drives?: Hey guys, I have been having lots of data split between two hard drives (which are two partitions as well). One drive has Windows 10, programs and games and other drive has games only. Both drives have 500gb so I am thinking of a way to backup those drives to one external...
  8. Backup from one external hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup from one external hard drive to another: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I have been backing up my photos from one external hard drive to another (both 2TB) using Windows 7 backup and restore for a few years. After copying all my images to a 5TB drive, and having another blank...
  9. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  10. Moving Windows from two hard drives to one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows from two hard drives to one: I currently have Windows installed across two hard drives, but am looking to migrate it all to one hard drive. I understand the best way to do this is via reinstalling Windows and restoring from a system image, but will it cause an issue when the system image thinks there...