Windows 10: Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

Discus and support Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dedq, Jul 11, 2019.

1. dedq Win User

Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it.
    System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive.
    Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage?

Thank you in advance!

:)

2. recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: http://goo.gl/kkn4Vs

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? :)

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 11, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Msap14 Win User

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one? - Similar Threads - Possible backup data

2. Having two hard drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having two hard drives.: Hello Andre. I'm here Dinuka. I couldn't tell you that in my laptop there are two hard drives as one SSD and one HDD. Will this change anything when I do a reset as you said me to do.?...
  3. Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to backup data from two hard drives to one?: I have been building my PC for quite a long time now and I have some important information on it. System related things are on my C: drive whereas other things are on my D: drive. Is there a way I can backup these drives to one drive of terabyte storage? Thank you in...
  4. Moving Windows from two hard drives to one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows from two hard drives to one: I currently have Windows installed across two hard drives, but am looking to migrate it all to one hard drive. I understand the best way to do this is via reinstalling Windows and restoring from a system image, but will it cause an issue when the system image thinks there...
  5. Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it possible to replace all data from non-bootable backup?: Hello, Bear with me as I have had this catastrophic issue I've been dealing with for the past 24 hours... Long story short: I cloned my 500gb samsung ssd to my new Intel 2tb ssd using acronis. Everything was working well so I deleted my 500gb samsung ssd. Then i restarted...
  6. Two One Drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two One Drives?: Just got a Windows tablet and everything is working pretty well. BUT Went to copy some files from One Drive that I had just sent from my desktop specifically for that purpose. When I logged into One Drive from the tablet it showed a whole different set of files than those I...
  7. Possible Hard Drive failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Hard Drive failure?: Hello, I recently came home to an extremely sluggish PC running windows 10. Managed to get to start>power menu and opted for 'restart and update'. 54% through the update and the PC reset and then didn't boot, just went to a black screen with an intermittently flashing...
  8. Two Backup software on one system

in Browsers and Email
    Two Backup software on one system: Why can't you have two backup programs on the same system? I had macrium reflect v7 (paid) and Acronis 2017. I've used Acronis since version 8. Starting with Acronis 2012 it started to slow down a lot. Upgraded all the way to 2017 thinking it would speed up. It didn't and may...
  9. Cannot backup system image to one of two drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot backup system image to one of two drives: I have two external hard drives, WD-RED 2.0 TB, each is installed in a "Plugable" USB3-SATA-USASP1 SCSI Disk drive plugged into separate USB drives on my Dell Inspiron. (Drives F: and G*Smile The first is a tad full and will no longer fit another system image. So, I wanted to...
  10. Search With two hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Search With two hard drive: Hi, I have two hard drive on my PC, as SSD for the OS and a HDD for all my storage I seem to have a problem with search, that it will only find stuff that is stored on the SDD. To get it to look for other files on the HD, I have to click search my stuff, and even then...