Windows 10: POSSIBLE to block files from leaving computer onto internet/server?

Discus and support POSSIBLE to block files from leaving computer onto internet/server? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am planning to open a design company with a small office settings. I'll be using Windows 10 in all the computers and I would like to seek some advice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by t7612wm, Apr 13, 2020.

1. t7612wm Win User

POSSIBLE to block files from leaving computer onto internet/server?

I am planning to open a design company with a small office settings. I'll be using Windows 10 in all the computers and I would like to seek some advice from the members of the forum regarding the protection of files in office computers. The office staffs won't have access to any storage inputs/outputs like USB/DVD of the computer, etc and so losing files through physical access of the computer is not possible and I just need to prevent losing any files through internet and network access.

I was advised to use a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution but was told that it's costly and requires a deep learning curve. I wonder if it's the only solution? I just want to double check if there are relatively simpler solutions out there, e.g. if the existing Windows Firewall in Windows 10 or if any other softwares or Firewall programs on the market that are capabale of guarding against the issues as described in the 3 examples below.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

EXAMPLE 1 ---- A staff is working on a project file and so this file has to be in an unencrypted state. Suppose this staff is using an online e-mail service such as gmail, yahoo and attempts to attach the file in an e-mail which requires uploading the file from the office computer to the e-mail server. Is it possible to specify some files in Windows firewall or a tool in advance such that if a staff attempts to upload the specified files to a server and the internet, they can't because the upload is being blocked by the Windows Firewall/tool?

EXAMPLE 2 --- The office environment requires using a program that needs to connect to the internet. Some specific files have to reside in this program in order for it to function properly (but these files are not responsible for connecting the program to the internet). I understand that the Windows Firewall is capable of blocking this program from accessing the internet but this is not what I want. The program needs to connect to the internet but I want to block some specific files within the program from being uploaded to the internet by the program vendor or any office staffs using the "upload" function of the program. Can Windows Firewall or another programs perform such a task?

EXAMPLE 3 --- The office staffs are allowed to use Windows remote desktop or a remote access software like TeamViewer to access the office computers from a remote computer. My aim is that, when any staffs try to use TeamViewer or any remote access software to connect to the office computer, when an attempt is made to "download/transfer" a specific file (e.g file "xyz") from the office computer to the remote computer, Windows Firewall(or a capable program) will block the download/transfer if this "xyz"file has been specified to be blocked. Can this be achieved?

Thanks.

:)

t7612wm, Apr 13, 2020

2. Xbox App "Server Connectivity" "Blocked"

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox app server connectivity is blocked. It is possible that
    your PC was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server or your Firewall settings are blocking the connection. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Is your computer connected to a wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue in safe mode with networking? To start Windows in safe mode with networking, you can follow the steps on this

link

In the meantime, you can perform the suggested solutions on this
    link

Loraine Mon, Apr 13, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

1. POSSIBLE to block files from leaving computer onto internet/server? - Similar Threads - POSSIBLE block files

2. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  3. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  4. Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11: I am blocked from accessing the internet via wifi, direct connection or hotspot. I have run network/check repair on it and got "dns server not responding. " I have also gone through the following:Disabling the VPNRefresh the windows IP --> I get "no operation can be performed...
  5. Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11: I am blocked from accessing the internet via wifi, direct connection or hotspot. I have run network/check repair on it and got "dns server not responding. " I have also gone through the following:Disabling the VPNRefresh the windows IP --> I get "no operation can be performed...
  6. Server blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server blocked: Why do I find I am not allowed to access Royal Mail Keep Safe from my server, message Reference #18.adfc7bd5.1655028803.7c0646d comes up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-blocked/d802b3c4-3e5a-4026-a34b-915338141710
  7. Server blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server blocked: Why do I find I am not allowed to access Royal Mail Keep Safe from my server, message Reference #18.adfc7bd5.1655028803.7c0646d comes up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/server-blocked/d802b3c4-3e5a-4026-a34b-915338141710
  8. blocked from internet

blocked from internet: Hi My computer updated last night and now microsoft edge has blocked me. HELP as we are a business. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-from-internet/80498c31-05aa-4ad5-81e7-1b0ac1ec543c
  9. Server blocks computer IP from accessing it?

Server blocks computer IP from accessing it?: Hi guys, I posted about this issue a long time ago, I thought it was fixed, but I guess not... The issue was with LTSB 2016 and Server 2016, but now it is happening also with LTSC 2019 and Server 2019. I have a few servers (all of them 2019), RP, print etc... Sometimes a...
  10. LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER: After a recent move I had to change ISPs and get a new email address. My new ISP is Spectrum. After using a number of third-party email clients, I couldn't understand why the emails in my inbox would simply delete themselves, regardless of the email client I was using. I...