Windows 10: possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz

Discus and support possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my wifi adapter driver supports only 2.5gz is it possible to download one that support 5gz? if so how/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alpha Renji, May 16, 2020.

1. possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz

my wifi adapter driver supports only 2.5gz is it possible to download one that support 5gz? if so how/

:)

Alpha Renji, May 16, 2020

2. Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 16, 2020
  3. No WiFi conection on the downloading WiFi

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

I suggest that you try the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 16, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, May 16, 2020
Thema:

possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz

1. possible to download a wifi adapter driver to suport 5gz - Similar Threads - possible download wifi

2. WiFi problems possible bad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  3. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver/ adapter issue: I was following a long forum on this and a lot of people had the same question but there’s was for a different cause. Out of the blue, for whatever reason, my PC wouldn’t connect to my network but everything else will. I’ve ran the trouble shooter several times and it keeps...
  4. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver/ adapter issue: I was following a long forum on this and a lot of people had the same question but there’s was for a different cause. Out of the blue, for whatever reason, my PC wouldn’t connect to my network but everything else will. I’ve ran the trouble shooter several times and it keeps...
  5. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers

WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers: I recently reset my network on windows 10 settings, I thought it would help but it didn’t so now every time I turn on my pc or restart it I have to keep reinstalling the current network adapter drivers so that WiFi options show up, is there any way to fix this? When I check...
  7. A problem with the driver for the wifi adapter

A problem with the driver for the wifi adapter: I have been trouble shooting a lot and i keep getting this problem about the driver for the wifi adapter and i even searched for videos but it didn’t help at all...
  8. Wifi Adapter Driver

Wifi Adapter Driver: Hi, I recently reset my network settings because my wifi was havong too many problems, but now i cant find my network,it doesnt show any wifi names and the troubleshooter says problem with wifi adapter driver How can I fix this? Microsoft support have me on hold for an...
  9. Wifi adapter driver issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter driver issues: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 (rip), it works fine until i try to connect to wifi. I put in the password and i freeze, it takes to a blue screen saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, as well as What failed: A6210.sys I googled it and it was a problem with...
  10. WiFi adapter driver vanished

WiFi adapter driver vanished: Lenovo Yoga 900, Windows 10. Lost wifi suddenly and the cable guy told me my laptop is missing the wifi adapter driver! All of a sudden. Cannot understand why this happened. Please advise 1 what to do 2 how to do any reinstallation/updating/downloads you may advise,...