Windows 10: Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode?

Discus and support Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My company is looking to order a Samsung Galaxy Book S to be used to lend to job applicants who don't own a computer to take our online application.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jcarlson2007, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode?

My company is looking to order a Samsung Galaxy Book S to be used to lend to job applicants who don't own a computer to take our online application.

We want to use the Windows Kiosk Mode so that they can only access the browser on a specific webpage, but the webpage application needs to access the webcam.

Is it possible to enable the webcam in Kiosk mode so that it works with the browser? If so how would I go about doing this?

submitted by /u/jcarlson2007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jcarlson2007, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode? [​IMG]
    Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode? [​IMG]
    Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode?

Always allow access to webcam in Edge kiosk mode

I am using my Surface Pro with Windows 10 Pro as a display and digital signage for my customers.

I have set up the device with assigned access (according to this guide Set up a single-app kiosk (Windows 10) - Configure Windows) using Edge in Kiosk mode with the option As a digital sign or interactive display selected.

Everything works fine, except when the browser want to access the webcam (to scan a QR code) it asks for permission EVERY time.

Is there any way to always allow access to the webcam to Edge in Kiosk mode?

Emanuel S., Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode?

1. Possible to enable webcam with browser in Kiosk mode? - Similar Threads - Possible enable webcam

2. Is it possible to enable copy/paste functionality in Windows 11 kiosk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to enable copy/paste functionality in Windows 11 kiosk?: I am using Edge in a Windows 11 single app kiosk. I understand that copy/paste functionality is disabled by default. I'm wondering if there is a way to enable it....
  3. Is it possible to enable copy/paste functionality in Windows 11 kiosk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to enable copy/paste functionality in Windows 11 kiosk?: I am using Edge in a Windows 11 single app kiosk. I understand that copy/paste functionality is disabled by default. I'm wondering if there is a way to enable it....
  4. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  5. Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk Mode: I have set Kiosk mode with a single user and a single app. I am unable to remove the user and do not get an error but just times out and Kiosk mode with the user is still enable. How do I remove this in Windows 10 Pro version 2004?...
  6. KIOSK MODE

KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  7. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  8. Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode

Disable Microsft Edge InPrivate browser in Kiosk Mode: Hello there, I recently got tasked to set up a Kiosk on a windows 10 Enterprise machine. I create the Kiosk, select Microsoft Edge as a "Public Browser" and everything works great, but unfortunately Edge runs "InPrivate" mode and whenever I try to "Click to go back" I get...
  9. Kiosk mode

Kiosk mode: I want to switch to Kiosk mode because I have to disable slide advance on arrow keys. However I want to make sure that will not affect other features. What’s your advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/d03a29b2-e1f3-4885-a9ac-7d1c647a6a56
  10. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser: Hi. I am running a computer in Windows 10 Pro In Kiosk Mode (Assigned Access) and this will run a Single Microsoft store app in full screen. The app running is Windows Edge running a single URL to my company's server. Kiosk mode restricts the users from accessing desktop,...