Windows 10: Possible to Get Microtek ScanMaker 5600 Running?

Discus and support Possible to Get Microtek ScanMaker 5600 Running? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've done all I can to get my old flatbed Microtek scanner to work with Windows 10 to no avail. The 8.5 x 11 scanner in my Brother MFC465CN was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by starchase, Nov 11, 2019.

1. starchase Win User

Possible to Get Microtek ScanMaker 5600 Running?

I've done all I can to get my old flatbed Microtek scanner to work with Windows 10 to no avail. The 8.5 x 11 scanner in my Brother MFC465CN was able to be finagled but no amount of searching and installing drivers found on Internet searches will make the 5600 appear on my machine. I can see the twain using Irfanview but it doesn't connect either like it does easily with the Brother scanner. The scanner is a USB device. The driver for my Vista PC uses a usbscan.sys driver but Win10 doesn't like it. I should mention that using the Device Manager to look in the Windows folder for a driver does come up with one but refuses to accept it as it is unsigned.

Has anyone got an older Microtek scanner that they got working?

I tried variations of installing Compatibility mode - failure. Same with installing as Administrator.

I'm using the latest updated version of Win10, and haven't yet installed the update that I noticed came to me tonight. 1903 build 18362.418

PC is an ASUS M32AD, i7 4790, 64bit, 3.6 GHz, 16 GB memory

Thanks, John

:)

starchase, Nov 11, 2019

2. Drivers for microtek scanmaker 4900 for windows 10

Hi,

Dee:

Drivers for microtek scanmaker 4900 for windows 7

A Bing search for microtek scanmaker 4900 drivers found sites purporting to offer drivers for this scanner but you should be very wary of these sites and downloads.

You may be downloading software other than that which you think you are downloading.

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Ralf5k Win User
    Microtek scanmaker 6000

I am having trouble installing my Microtek Scanmaker 6000 on my system (10). I am only semi-knowledgeable and I can't find my install CD and the system doesn't fully plug and play. I have Office 365. Can anybody help?

Ralf5k, Nov 11, 2019
  4. JonHosmer Win User

How do I get Windows 10 (64) to recognize a Microtek 4800 scanner? Old but still works well. Microtek has not updated drivers for years.

How do I get Windows 10 (64) to recognize an old but fully functioning Microtek ScanMaker 4800? Microtek has not and will not update drivers. Is there a way or a work-around? It is as if both are loaded, but Windows 10 will not recognize the scanner.

JonHosmer, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Possible to Get Microtek ScanMaker 5600 Running? - Similar Threads - Possible Microtek ScanMaker

2. Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?: In 99% of cases, I need to run CMD as an administrator. But I have to search for it and then click on the option to Run as administrator. When I click directly on the name or simply press ENTER, it won't start as administrator. Is it possible to set cmd not to be run other...
  3. Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?: In 99% of cases, I need to run CMD as an administrator. But I have to search for it and then click on the option to Run as administrator. When I click directly on the name or simply press ENTER, it won't start as administrator. Is it possible to set cmd not to be run other...
  4. Add a shared 5600 on XP to Win11 64-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a shared 5600 on XP to Win11 64-bit: I know I solved this problem 3 years ago for a laptop, but I have a desktop with Win11 that I just had to reinstall the OS and I can't recall how to make this work. I'm not sure if I should be posting here or on HP's website, but HP's website says to use the built-in drivers...
  5. Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?: Hello, I bought an AMD Ryzen 5600 cpu and i would like to know if it can run windows 11 because when I didn't find it in the supported cpu list i got very scared because I already bought it and I have it home for like 4 days and so I need to ask....
  6. Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can AMD Ryzen 5 5600 cpu run windows 11?: Hello, I bought an AMD Ryzen 5600 cpu and i would like to know if it can run windows 11 because when I didn't find it in the supported cpu list i got very scared because I already bought it and I have it home for like 4 days and so I need to ask....
  7. Trouble with Microtek M1 Scanner after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with Microtek M1 Scanner after upgrading to Windows 10: My Microtek M1 scanner has streaks on anything it scans after installing on a new Windows 10 computer. Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-microtek-m1-scanner-after-upgrading/f0b65a0d-e004-4195-8744-b399fbfed7f6
  8. HP Envy 5600 printer

HP Envy 5600 printer: My printer wasn't printing Magenta per the report so I put in a new cartridge. It printed a few pages fine with the new cartridge and then it stopped printing Cyan. what is the problem?...
  9. lexmark 5600

lexmark 5600: I need help my Lexmark 5600 printer will not print I was wondering if there is a light blub in side of it and if so were and how do I change it and where do I get a blub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lexmark-5600/bdaeab04-1343-4b18-a306-311e7c3d800d
  10. How do I get Windows 10 (64) to recognize a Microtek 4800 scanner? Old but still works...

How do I get Windows 10 (64) to recognize a Microtek 4800 scanner? Old but still works...: How do I get Windows 10 (64) to recognize an old but fully functioning Microtek ScanMaker 4800? Microtek has not and will not update drivers. Is there a way or a work-around? It is as if both are loaded, but Windows 10 will not recognize the scanner....