Windows 10: Possible to get older versions?

Discus and support Possible to get older versions? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, Bit of a weird ask, but hopefully I'm in the right place. A friend of mine had their hard drive fail and brought the laptop to me for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hunterjwizzard, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Possible to get older versions?

Hi folks,

Bit of a weird ask, but hopefully I'm in the right place.

A friend of mine had their hard drive fail and brought the laptop to me for repair. It's some kind of special starwars-themed HP. The drive was completely gone, no possibility for recovery. I dropped in a new drive and re-loaded windows from media I had on hand(I do PC repair as a side business), confirmed all the drivers were there, then gave the laptop back. Simple job.

Apparently, this particular machine had come with a bunch of special themes, sounds, apps, etc from HP. The friend was able to re-download all that, but sometime between when they bought the laptop and when I fixed it, Microsoft went and broke compatibility with the star wars software.

Now my friend would be perfectly happy to run an older version of windows and have their cool themes than be on the latest and greatest, so I'm at least willing to look into it. From what we've been able to discern, we need somewhere around Windows 10 version 1511 for the specialized apps and themes to work.

Is it possible to find install media for this?

To be clear: I AM NOT asking for "warz" or any cracks or anything illegal. I have a fully legitimate windows product key ready and waiting for the install. I just need to find the right install version to make this thing sing again.

Any help would be appreciated.

The unit is a "Star Wars Special Edition Notebook - 15-an050nr" made by HP.

Thanks!

:)

hunterjwizzard, Jun 4, 2020

2. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Jun 4, 2020
  3. kithylin Win User
    Older Versions possibly?

Hi there. I've tried this program on my desktop at home, and it seems like a great program. The only problem i can find is the plugins included to monitor intel processors, only supports the more modern processors. My desktop at home is an intel northwood socket 478, and it appears there is no way to monitor this processor's temps.

Also logging seems to be not working in the current version, and the only version on the website i can find to download, is this alpha version. Please direct me in the location to download older versions?

Also it would be nice to monitor the temps on my laptop, as it gets very hot during watching movies and trying to figure out which part of the system is getting hot. Laptop is an older Intel Celeron 1.8, Tualatin core.

If someone could point me to a version of this software that will monitor older processors, that would be great. It'd be nice if newer versions did not exclude old systems, although i can understand how that would be a lot of work from the developement stand-point.

kithylin, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Possible to get older versions?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Possible to get older versions?

1. Possible to get older versions? - Similar Threads - Possible older versions

2. Older Versions of Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Versions of Microsoft: HiIs it possible to get ISO images of older versions of windows say windows XP/windows 7 for testing purposes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-versions-of-microsoft/c7b16918-5f0d-4911-9590-a706e7cc4dcd
  3. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?: Recently, I noticed when burning music CDs using Media Player, it burns them as CDA files, and not WMA, which is what I always used. The problem with CDA files is that no matter the length of songs, it compresses every one down to a minute 1 KB. Neil Young would go ape-sh*t...
  4. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?: Recently, I noticed when burning music CDs using Media Player, it burns them as CDA files, and not WMA, which is what I always used. The problem with CDA files is that no matter the length of songs, it compresses every one down to a minute 1 KB. Neil Young would go ape-sh*t...
  5. Is it possible to use an older version of Media Player with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Is it possible to download older versions of the Microsoft store itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to download older versions of the Microsoft store itself?: I want to put the Microsoft store on my laptop but it does not have any of the hardware requirements for windows 10 or 11. I'm wondering if I can get an older version of the store that works with windows 7 until I have money and time to rebuild my laptop....
  7. Is it possible to download older versions of the Microsoft store itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to download older versions of the Microsoft store itself?: I want to put the Microsoft store on my laptop but it does not have any of the hardware requirements for windows 10 or 11. I'm wondering if I can get an older version of the store that works with windows 7 until I have money and time to rebuild my laptop....
  8. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  9. older version of photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    older version of photos: where can I download older version of windows photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-version-of-photos/bb8781e9-3a4d-4a7b-bcc2-e34f2a979061
  10. Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to uninstall older versions of Chromium Edge?: Hello, I was trying to free up some disk space on my 128 GB SSD and found that there were 2 versions of Chromium edge installed.C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application contains 2 version folders, one for 81.0.416.62 (276 MB) and one for 86.0.622.61 (382 MB),...