Windows 10: Possible to insert SSD while machine is up?

Discus and support Possible to insert SSD while machine is up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MSI GT80 Titan, Win 10.. possible to install the SSD 2280 PCIe module while the machine is booted up or is there a risk of something getting fried?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dictum, Jan 8, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

Possible to insert SSD while machine is up?

MSI GT80 Titan, Win 10.. possible to install the SSD 2280 PCIe module while the machine is booted up or is there a risk of something getting fried? Like the SSD module for example.

:)

dictum, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Possible to insert SSD while machine is up? :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Possible to insert SSD while machine is up?

Windows 10 possible hijacked machine??

Hi Peter,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you upgraded to Windows 10 recently?
    • Have you made any changes in gpedt?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the memory diagnostic tool from the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type memory diagnostic and click on the Windows Memory Diagnostic.
    • Click on Restart now and check for the problems (Recommended).
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: If you are facing any issues with booting the computer then I suggest you to perform start up repair, download and create a bootable media from the Windows 10 ISO and then repair your computer to check if it helps to recover the
    Operating System.

Download official ISO media for Windows 10 from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Insert the disk in your DVD drive and press any key to start loading Windows from the Installation Disk.

Perform the following steps to perform a repair:

• Choose the Language and then proceed to Next.
    • Choose Repair your computer at the Install Now screen.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Startup repair.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Possible to insert SSD while machine is up?

1. Possible to insert SSD while machine is up? - Similar Threads - Possible insert SSD

2. MSI laptop will not boot up, possible SSD failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI laptop will not boot up, possible SSD failure: The PC would not boot up, went into BIOS and displayed this message "checking media presence, media not present\' I inserted a USB recovery drive but aborted the installation, this would delete all my files, would it not? I also wonder if this altered the boot order. I...
  3. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Takes a While to Start Up: Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive (SanDisk Ultra 1TB) will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of gets stuck and when I try to open windows or folders nothing happens until the drive shows up. For example the drive is blank...
  4. SSD Takes a While to Start Up

SSD Takes a While to Start Up: Hello, when I login to Windows my SSD drive SanDisk Ultra 1TB will sometimes not show up as accessible straight away and the whole system kind of gets stuck and when I try to open windows or folders nothing happens until the drive shows up. For example the drive is blank as...
  5. W10 ssd in new machine

W10 ssd in new machine: Im getting a new system and putting my old ssd in the new system as the os drive. Do i need to reinstall Windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-ssd-in-new-machine/7e9d7623-86bb-4b2d-bc93-d89eef82d0c5
  6. I would like to insert lines in Wordpad. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I would like to insert lines in Wordpad. Is it possible?: I would like to insert lines in Wordpad. Is it possible? * Original title: Insert https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-insert-lines-in-wordpad-is-it/e7fe7014-834d-4647-94e0-f61af4fe751a"
  7. Proxy Problems (that inserts ads into Websites - possibly LINKR)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Proxy Problems (that inserts ads into Websites - possibly LINKR): The option "Use a proxy server" (Network & Internet -> Proxy) turns on automatically then i get shown ads on google.com (after the search) that aren't actually from google, but from https://search.becovi.com/. After I delete the Proxy Adress (127.0.0.1), Port (8003) and...
  8. Suggestion for masking HDD spin up times in machines with SSD system

Suggestion for masking HDD spin up times in machines with SSD system: I frequently have to wait for my HDDs to spin up when I want to browse the folder hierarchy with Windows Explorer but I have an idea that would eliminate this. Is there any reason that a record of the folder hierarchy of each drive couldn't be stored on the SSD (as an option...
  9. SSD possibly failing

SSD possibly failing: Hello, I've been having an issue where my SSD has been disappearing when a game or something just suddenly freezes/won't respond and I'll end up having to do a hard reboot to get windows to restart and function.. when it takes a minute to load up and i login.. the SSD is...
  10. Slow SSD Possibly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow SSD Possibly: Hi All Ran a benchmark for my Western Digital Blue SSD 250gb, am using the Intel 100/200 storage driver, don't think PC supports Rapid storage technology that I can tell, Store bought Asus G11CD, SSD was my own, transferred from older system, I can afford a newer Samsung...