Windows 10: possible to recover deleted files?

Discus and support possible to recover deleted files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Wife just called and told me she deleted her notary foiles off of the thumbdrive. I thought when a file is deleted from a thumbdive it is gone forever.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mg8t7gn, Jan 29, 2020.

1. mg8t7gn Win User

possible to recover deleted files?

Wife just called and told me she deleted her notary foiles off of the thumbdrive. I thought when a file is deleted from a thumbdive it is gone forever. Can it be recovered? It does not show up in the main computer's recycle bin. I told her to eject the drive and not to add anything else to it. She's om win10 pro. Thanks.

Mark

:)

mg8t7gn, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Jan 29, 2020
  3. GIGGLA Win User
    recover deleted data???

Hi can you tell what recovery software worked for you? So future viewers of this thread can benefit?

I've heard that the more one uses there computer after deletion the more chance that those deleted files will be overwritten and possibly harder to recover.

GIGGLA, Jan 29, 2020
  4. possible to recover deleted files?

recover deleted data???

That was the word on the street (so to speak) all the way back to the DOS days.
    Files are never really erased by the OS. Most every OS just marks the Directory entry for the file, that it was deleted. In the olden days, the filename "Mark.txt" would look like "?ark.txt".

PCTools had an undelete command in it's file manager. All you had to do was provide the first letter for a deleted file and PCTools would recover the file for you.

But if someone had deleted files and then did a defrag, well it was 99% certain that any deleted file was overwritten and gone forever.
    Many logs are written to during bootup and can overwrite deleted file space, so the less activity performed on a drive after file deletion, the better the chance of recovering those files.

I too would like to know the name of that recovery program. I have one tucked away someplace but right now I don't even remember the name of it.*Confused possible to recover deleted files? :confused:

Cheers Mates!
    The Shadow*Cool possible to recover deleted files? :cool:

TheShadowFL, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

possible to recover deleted files?

1. possible to recover deleted files? - Similar Threads - possible recover deleted

2. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  3. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  4. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. recover deleted file

recover deleted file: How do I recover an accidentally deleted file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-file/7efd2f58-f540-49c7-b03a-3a3cdfe466a1
  6. Is it possible to recover deleted files from USB flash drivers

Is it possible to recover deleted files from USB flash drivers: In my family we have only one 16GB USB flash drive.We also have another really big one,but its not practical since its big and cannot plug into PC that easy.My last PC got infected by unknown malware so it was not functional anymore. Luckily all of its important files were...
  7. recover deleted files

recover deleted files: how to recover deleted files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-files/42eb1afa-2c3b-4326-b38e-1f0329a8407a"
  8. Recovering Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering Deleted Files: Hi everyone, please take time and pay attention reading so we don't go around in circles while anyone tries to help me, thanks in advance. Two Days ago two folders with photoshop .psd files and /png files disappeared along with some program shortcuts. At some point i...
  9. Is it possible to recover deleted encrypted documents?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to recover deleted encrypted documents?: I asked a thread not long ago about how to delete files on my computer completely. Basically these files i encrypted it with axcrypt and i was told if its encrypted and you delete it and then delete it off recycle bin, the files are pretty much deleted. And if someone were to...
  10. recover deleted files

in Windows 10 Support
    recover deleted files: Hello, I realise this problem would be similar regardless of which Windows being used. I partitioned my HD and moved documents to new partition. Mistakenly removed the partition without restoring files. Is there any way of recovering the lost files? Thank You 21072