Windows 10: possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted

Discus and support possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaoloBXT, Sep 11, 2018.

1. PaoloBXT Win User

possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted

Is it possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted

:)

PaoloBXT, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Can't enable Defender in Windows 10 because it thinks I have an antivirus

Hi,

One possible cause why you're unable to turn on Windows Defender is can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages when you tried to enable Windows Defender?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you follow the steps in this article:
    Help protect my computer with Windows Defender.
    It will provide you instructions to turn off or turn on Windows Defender.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 27, 2018
  3. PaoloBXT Win User
    Windows Defender

Is it possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted

PaoloBXT, Sep 27, 2018
  4. possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted

Windows Defender

Hi Ohid,

A corrupted app is one of the possible causes why Windows Defender does not update properly.

To check for updates in Windows Defender, follow these steps:

• Start Windows Defender if it is not already open. To do this, click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Defender.
    • Check for new definitions. To do this, click Check for Updates Now.

You may also follow the troubleshooting steps created by PrashantKumar96 on this

thread
    . The link has a series of steps that will guide you to troubleshoot Windows Defender.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted

1. possible to reinstall Windows Defender, because I think that something is corrupted - Similar Threads - possible reinstall Defender

2. Windows Installation not possible because Files are corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installation not possible because Files are corrupted: Hello guys, I have a major Problem. First I had the insider Version of Windows 11 Beta Channel.Saturday I wanted to make an update on Windows overnight so I left my Pc and went sleeping.Sunday morning I came back and had the BIOS message "Insert bootable media".I went in my...
  3. Windows Installation not possible because Files are corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installation not possible because Files are corrupted: Hello guys, I have a major Problem. First I had the insider Version of Windows 11 Beta Channel.Saturday I wanted to make an update on Windows overnight so I left my Pc and went sleeping.Sunday morning I came back and had the BIOS message "Insert bootable media".I went in my...
  4. I can't reinstall Windows because of corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reinstall Windows because of corrupted files: One day my computer suddenly started freezing, making "weird" noises, and wireless connections stopped appearing. Wanted to reinstall windows but can't, I think because of corrupted files. Tried to use 'sfc /scannow' 'dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth' and other...
  5. I can't reinstall Windows because of corrupted files

I can't reinstall Windows because of corrupted files: One day my computer suddenly started freezing, making "weird" noises, and wireless connections stopped appearing. Wanted to reinstall windows but can't, I think because of corrupted files. Tried to use 'sfc /scannow' 'dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth' and other...
  6. I can't reinstall Windows because of corrupted files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 is reinstalling corrupt AMD driver I think

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is reinstalling corrupt AMD driver I think: Ive been trying to delete an old, corrupted AMD driver, but when I uninstall it, it will come back a few seconds later, and when I reinstall via AMD Adrenalin software it will end up corrupted somehowWhenever I try playing any games it will blue screen or just freeze, but I...
  8. Windows 10 is reinstalling corrupt AMD driver I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is reinstalling corrupt AMD driver I think: Ive been trying to delete an old, corrupted AMD driver, but when I uninstall it, it will come back a few seconds later, and when I reinstall via AMD Adrenalin software it will end up corrupted somehowWhenever I try playing any games it will blue screen or just freeze, but I...
  9. Windows 10 is reinstalling corrupt AMD driver I think

10. I think something is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think something is corrupted: I turned on my computer this morning and everything was laggy, so I restarted it a couple times and it eventually just killed itself. I've been stuck in the options menu all day now, no command will work (even the scannow one to fix corrupted files), restarting the computer...