Windows 10: Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?

Discus and support Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a couple of additional drives on my system for media and games etc A while ago I installed some games onto these drives from the Microsoft Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pliskken, May 5, 2019.

1. pliskken Win User

Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?

I have a couple of additional drives on my system for media and games etc A while ago I installed some games onto these drives from the Microsoft Store but they are since uninstalled. A folder called WindowsApps was create on the root of these drives and cannot be deleted or even set to hidden.

Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder? [​IMG]

Is there a way to get ridd of them? Thanks

:)

pliskken, May 5, 2019
  2. lap398293 Win User

Remove Extra WindowsApps Folder

I have two hard drives (C: and DPossible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder? :). Windows 10 is installed on C:, but I keep everything else in D:.

I saw in the Storage settings area that I could change where apps would save to, and I changed it from C: to D: to see what would happen. It created a WindowsApps folder in D:, which I didn't like, so I immediately switched it back to storing apps in C:.
    However, the WindowsApps folder still exists in D:, and I cannot remove it. The original WindowsApps folder still exists (hidden) in C:\Program Files.

I've tried changing the permissions, but regardless of whom I grant access to it still refuses the deletion. I even was going to give up and just switch it to hidden, but I don't have permission for that either.

How do I delete this superfluous WindowsApps folder?

lap398293, May 5, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, May 5, 2019
  4. Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?

Remove Extra WindowsApps Folder

I really don't wanna take out my SSD just to delete that bug folder... Do you have another ways to delete that WindowsApps folder? That is a big bug!!!! I really hate Windows 10, so many bugs!

SeCrEt BoY™, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?

1. Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder? - Similar Threads - Possible remove Microsoft

2. Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.: Let me just state that not giving users full control of their PC is absolutely **** unacceptable. What the **** is Microsoft thinking? Second, yes. I've tried changing permissions, it doesn't always work. Microsoft needs to unfuck the condescending view they have of their...
  3. Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations: Hi there. Im facing issue to get rid of some old installation folders, since Windows create new folder for new version of some apps, it leaves there old version installation, and i want to remove it. With this command Code: Remove-AppxPackage "FullPackageName" i can delete...
  4. windowsstore in ...\windowsapps\ was removed, i it possible to reinstall windows store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windowsstore in ...\windowsapps\ was removed, i it possible to reinstall windows store?: We used a script in our Task Sequence that removes some specific windows products from the image, including the windows store. The problem with this scripts was that it removes these programs from the ..\windowsapps\ folder so there is no way to restore these with the...
  5. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  6. Cleanup for the WindowsApps folder - it is possible?

Cleanup for the WindowsApps folder - it is possible?: Dear Folks, I would like to have some official tool, for the cleanup of the Microsoft Store local folder, located under Program Files\WindowsApps. Currently I want to update to the newest windows 10, but because this folder is so huge, and stores apps, what I deleted...
  7. Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.: Long story short, downloaded football manager 19 and wanted to add a league DB which I was able to do from my other FM games through the steam workshop and wanted to add my Canadian league so I can play in that league since FM never adds that league to their DB. I download...
  8. Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to remove Microsoft Store created WindowsApp folder?: I have a couple of additional drives on my system for media and games etc A while ago I installed some games onto these drives from the Microsoft Store but they are since uninstalled. A folder called WindowsApps was create on the root of these drives and cannot be deleted or...
  9. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  10. How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps: In trying to overcome an apparent Windows 10 bug that makes some icons tiny vs other created shortcuts on the desktop, I thought it better to simply create a new icon, and then use it in creating a desktop link shortcut to the app. For this example I'm looking at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps folder cleanup

2. remove windowsapp folder

3. windowsapp folder huge