Windows 10: Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

Discus and support Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I reverted back to windows 10 after trying windows 11. Now it keeps forcing me to restart my computer to download windows 11. I don't want windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shal2650, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Shal2650 Win User

Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

Hi,I reverted back to windows 10 after trying windows 11. Now it keeps forcing me to restart my computer to download windows 11. I don't want windows 11 ever.How do I get rid of the pending windows 11 restart update? I'd prefer to never use windows 11 unless they improve it.

:)

Shal2650, Nov 30, 2023

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

I had this issue as well. After reverting back to Windows 10, the following seems to have resolved it for me, and cancelled the pending Windows 11 upgrade.

1. Add the following registry key using CMD/PowerShell as Administrator
      1. REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v ProductVersion /t REG_SZ /d "Windows 10"
      2. This key instructs Windows to only receive Feature Updates for the Windows 10 product
    2. Click 'Pause updates' in Settings > Windows Update
    3. Restart the Windows Update service (wuauserv)
    4. Click to resume updates in Settings > Windows Update
    5. Check for updates to verify that it does not attempt the upgrade again
    Hope this helps and resolves your issue!

BrandonLinhart, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

How to remove pending Windows 10 update after upgraded to Windows 11?

I have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, not realizing that a few Windows 10 updates are in progress. Now that I am on Windows 11, three Windows 10 updates are still showing as "Updates available to download" and do not go away. The only option is to click on the "Download & install" but it fails and the WIndows 10 updates stay on the list. They are preventing the "Check for updates" button from showing and therefore preventing all Windows 11 updates from showing up.

I have run the Windows 11 Troubleshoot under System > Troubleshoot > Other Troubleshooters for Windows Update but it does not fix the problem.

How can I remove the three pending Windows 10 updates from Windows 11? The three pending Windows 10 updates are:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2

2022-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 (KB5013624)

2022-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64 (KB5010472)

LawrenceNgan, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

1. Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting? - Similar Threads - Possible remove pending

2. How do I remove the forced pending windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the forced pending windows 11 Update: I came home from vacation to find that Microsoft had recently, arbitrarily updated my laptop system to Windows 11 I feel lucky I still had a choice as to whether I wanted to keep it - other users have experienced this issue and the '10 day time period to revert was no longer...
  3. How do I remove the forced pending windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove the forced pending windows 11 Update: I came home from vacation to find that Microsoft had recently, arbitrarily updated my laptop system to Windows 11 I feel lucky I still had a choice as to whether I wanted to keep it - other users have experienced this issue and the '10 day time period to revert was no longer...
  4. Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?: Hi,I reverted back to windows 10 after trying windows 11. Now it keeps forcing me to restart my computer to download windows 11. I don't want windows 11 ever.How do I get rid of the pending windows 11 restart update? I'd prefer to never use windows 11 unless they improve it....
  5. Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?

Possible to remove the pending windows 11 update after reverting?: Hi,I reverted back to windows 10 after trying windows 11. Now it keeps forcing me to restart my computer to download windows 11. I don't want windows 11 ever.How do I get rid of the pending windows 11 restart update? I'd prefer to never use windows 11 unless they improve it....
  6. Is it possible to revert windows 11 to Windows 10 interface?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to revert windows 11 to Windows 10 interface?: Hello. I have windows 11, but totally frustrated with the interface. Is it possible to revert windows 11 to Windows 10 interface? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-revert-windows-11-to-windows-10/bb7426df-8903-456a-b4bb-bb96f438cabd
  7. Is it possible to revert windows 11 to Windows 10 interface?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to revert windows 11 to Windows 10 interface?: Hello. I have windows 11, but totally frustrated with the interface. Is it possible to revert windows 11 to Windows 10 interface? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-revert-windows-11-to-windows-10/bb7426df-8903-456a-b4bb-bb96f438cabd
  8. How to remove pending Windows 10 update after upgraded to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pending Windows 10 update after upgraded to Windows 11?: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, not realizing that a few Windows 10 updates are in progress. Now that I am on Windows 11, three Windows 10 updates are still showing as "Updates available to download" and do not go away. The only option is to click on the...
  9. How to remove pending Windows 10 update after upgraded to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove pending Windows 10 update after upgraded to Windows 11?: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11, not realizing that a few Windows 10 updates are in progress. Now that I am on Windows 11, three Windows 10 updates are still showing as "Updates available to download" and do not go away. The only option is to click on the...
  10. remove pending non-windows update

remove pending non-windows update: Windows has a 'pending' again hp printer driver update that is years older than the currently used and working driver. How do I get rid of it without having to run the install and then do a re-install of current software that works the older version "update" windows wants to...