Windows 10: Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?

Discus and support Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just wondered if it would be possible to change every button that links to a page in the settings app to link to classic control-panel like in Win 8.1?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HappyReference, May 4, 2020.

1. Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?

Just wondered if it would be possible to change every button that links to a page in the settings app to link to classic control-panel like in Win 8.1? Like "Sound" or "Display settings" etc.. Maybe someone has written a script or something similar? Would this be possible with (a lot of) registry edits?

Im currently using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (Like 1809 i think). I wouldn't want to go back to anything older like 1507 where the settings app was practically unused.

submitted by /u/HappyReference
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HappyReference, May 4, 2020

2. Control Panel will be replaced with settings?

I noticed that some of the settings that used to be in the control panel now seems to be in the settings....

Is this a sign of Settings replacing Control panel in the future versions of Windows?

derpygamer, May 4, 2020
  3. Markg2 Win User
    Control Panel vs. Settings?

I prefer control panel. I found it after digging around and sent a shortcut to start.

Questions:

1. I know MS is looking to get rid of control panel in favor of settings. However, is it possible to add control panel to the start right click list?

2. Is there a way to change settings display so it lists the traditional icons?

Mark

Markg2, May 4, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?

Will Settings eventually replace Control Panel?

I like settings as well. I believe its Microsoft's aim to fully replace Control Panel.

The only parts of control panel I use now are uninstall programs and power settings.

swarfega, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere?

1. Possible to replace setting with control-panel everywhere? - Similar Threads - Possible replace setting

2. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  3. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...: So I know how to disable access to Control Panel by using Registry but I would like to disable access just to a setting that is related to Network Connections - Change adapter options. To disable access to Control Panel you need to create a registry called NoControlPanel and...
  4. Is it possible to disable access to a particular setting in Control Panel but not to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Control Panel VS Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel VS Settings: Hello everybody,Who preferes the control panel and who preferes settings in ms win10?what i think: i dont like settings because a lot of control panel functions are not included.settings seems to be the UWP of the control panel. Is settings wrongly designed yes still in...
  6. Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will improve Control Panel replacement ‘Settings’: Windows 10 still comes with the familiar Control Panel and it also has the Windows 8-era Settings app, which includes additional customization features. However, users still have to look in Control Panel for many options. Like Control Panel, Windows 10 Settings app is...
  7. Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...

in Windows 10 News
    Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...: When Microsoft announced that it would replace the entire Control Panel with the Settings app in Windows 10, no one thought that it would take the company longer than five years to achieve that goal. Microsoft migrated some Control Panel applets to the Settings application...
  8. Control Panel AND Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  9. Will Settings eventually replace Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Settings eventually replace Control Panel?: At the start when I heard that Windows 10 was going to have a "Settings" app alongside Control Panel, I thought it was silly. Jumping ahead to now, I kind of like Settings. It makes doing some things easier and puts it all in one place (Although the taskbar options, like...
  10. Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app: Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) provides users with two ways to access settings, the traditional Control Panel with access to various functions and tools, as well as the new Modern UI Settings app. The former is the more advanced option, but Microsoft is moving away from...