Windows 10: Possible to run 2 instances of the same app while using a different audio output with each?

Discus and support Possible to run 2 instances of the same app while using a different audio output with each? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know that Windows 10 has a setting where people can select which audio output device is used for which app. I'm wondering if it's possible to run 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mckenziepiping, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Possible to run 2 instances of the same app while using a different audio output with each?

I know that Windows 10 has a setting where people can select which audio output device is used for which app. I'm wondering if it's possible to run 2 instances of the same app for example, a video game and have each instance output its audio to a different source. Specifically, the scenario I'm dealing with is that I'm trying to run a game on my PC, with 2 Xbox controllers connected, and each player has their own sound for the game.

While running both instances, if I go into Sound Settings -> App volume and devices preferences, then scroll through the list, I did indeed see an entry for each instance of the game that's currently running. However, changing the audio output for one of them affects both.

:)

mckenziepiping, Mar 15, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Audio Input/Output Issues

Hey all!

Today is the 2nd day with my new computer that I built and I am having some issues with audio. I am running a gigabyte motherboard- which is great btw. BUT, I have 2 separate outputs for a microphone and audio. Is it possible that I can use my earbuds/headphones that have a mic on them? I don't know if I can set that up or if the microphone data can be run through the audio line. Anybody have any programs/suggestions?

Help much appreciated!

EliTheClasher, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Possible to run 2 instances of the same app while using a different audio output with each?

Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10

martymeece, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Possible to run 2 instances of the same app while using a different audio output with each?

1. Possible to run 2 instances of the same app while using a different audio output with each? - Similar Threads - Possible run instances

2. Is it possible to get two different taskbars while using 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to get two different taskbars while using 2 monitors?: Hey ! I think the title is explicit. But in details, I am using my laptop's screen and a 2nd monitor for my work. And I wanted to know if it was possible to have taskbars that are independants?Like if Brave, Slack or other are opened on the second monitor, then they will not...
  3. Is it possible to get two different taskbars while using 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to get two different taskbars while using 2 monitors?: Hey ! I think the title is explicit. But in details, I am using my laptop's screen and a 2nd monitor for my work. And I wanted to know if it was possible to have taskbars that are independants?Like if Brave, Slack or other are opened on the second monitor, then they will not...
  4. Is it possible to pair 2 bluetooth headphones and output sound at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to pair 2 bluetooth headphones and output sound at the same time?: I have 2 pairs of Sony XM4 and I'm trying to find a way to pair both to windows so my partner and I can watch shows together. Using a 3.5mm splitter isn't ideal because the cables are short. From what I can see looking this up, it seems it's not possible because of how...
  5. Same App in 2 Different Folders

Same App in 2 Different Folders: I have an app that ideally fits logically be in 2 different folders in Windows 10. Can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-app-in-2-different-folders/884ff0a0-fb77-460d-ae57-a549608c1046
  6. Is it possible to use HDMI for audio output only?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to use HDMI for audio output only?: Hello, sorry, I don't know if this is a Windows driver question or graphic card related support. I have a weird setup and it's the following: I have a Laptop Dell G5 with RTX 2060 and I use the DVI port for a monitor. I have a samsung soundbar and I have it connected via...
  7. Is it possible to have 2 different audio sources played on 2 different devices?

Is it possible to have 2 different audio sources played on 2 different devices?: For example i have a song on youtube playing, firefox, and i want to watch a twitch livestream on chrome with headphones. But at the same time i want the music to be played on my stereo system. Is that possible? If so, how? submitted by /u/Xalova [link] [comments]...
  8. Is it possible to output the same audio to two different bluetooth headphones?

Is it possible to output the same audio to two different bluetooth headphones?: Me and my GF are going on a flight tomorrow and I've downloaded shows to watch on my laptop. We both have wireless earbuds we'd like to use, since they're really easy to transport and both do a decent job of blocking out noise. I'm trying to figure out some way for both of us...
  9. How to have 2 different audio outputs for each of my 2 monitors?

How to have 2 different audio outputs for each of my 2 monitors?: Hey I now have 2 monitors and use the “Extend these displays” feature (1 BenQ and 1 TCL TV) and i was wondering if the audio from my BenQ could be played into my headset, but the audio from my TV from it’s speakers. Can someone help me with this please? submitted by...
  10. Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command

Is it possible to run UWP apps as a different user using runas command: I would like to know if it is possible to run Universal Windows Platform apps with a different user using the runas command. Thanks. 114099