Windows 10: Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options...

Discus and support Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to play an old game (released circa 2002), but it keeps saying Fatal Error: The selected display driver does not support the requested video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ashamed_Method, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options...

I'm trying to play an old game (released circa 2002), but it keeps saying Fatal Error: The selected display driver does not support the requested video mode: 800x600x16. I've tried messing around with compatibility options but nothing seems to work. I have a generic graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 620), and I don't think I can adjust the settings of it much. Any insights as to how I could get this game to run? Thanks so much.

submitted by /u/Ashamed_Method
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ashamed_Method, Jan 3, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Jan 3, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    running old programs on windows 10

Hello Dave,

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You may run the
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to help detect and fix common compatibility problems:

• In the search box, type run programs.
    • Select Run programs made for previous versions of Windows, and then select
      Next.
    • Choose the program you want to fix. If you don't see the program in the list, select
      Not Listed.
    • Select Next, and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options...

Keep programs running whilst screen is turned off - MSBook

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I understand that you want the programs to be running with turned off display.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Left Pane select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Select the Time to turn off the display. Click Save Changes.
    • Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options...

1. Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options... - Similar Threads - Possible run old

2. Display options limited to 1024x768 & 800x600

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display options limited to 1024x768 & 800x600: Last night when I arrived home from work and woke up my computer, the display stopped outputting in full screen. It was normal when I put in my password & it loaded fine, then the screen blacked out momentarily and when it returned it had black bars on the sides.I searched...
  3. Display options limited to 1024x768 & 800x600

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display options limited to 1024x768 & 800x600: Last night when I arrived home from work and woke up my computer, the display stopped outputting in full screen. It was normal when I put in my password & it loaded fine, then the screen blacked out momentarily and when it returned it had black bars on the sides.I searched...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  5. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  6. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Would like to run old programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Would like to run old programs: Old programs like Photoshop 6.0 for ex., Illustrator 6.0, the compatibility troubleshooter included in Windows 10 does not work, I am pretty sure it is almost useless, serious answers please....
  8. Running old windows based programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running old windows based programs in Windows 10: I have an old genealogy program Genius 2.0 which I was running in Windows 10 without any problems until recently. There must have been some recent update to Windows 10 which is stopping Genius from opening. Is there any way that I could get around this by running a 2nd older...
  9. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10: So basically, I downloaded this old file from 2004. Long story short, it's in Japanese, so I can't easily locate any additional information on it. There was download information on the web page I got it from, but putting it in Google Translate only turned up semi-useful...
  10. Programs needing to be run as administrator to function

Programs needing to be run as administrator to function: I'm not sure when this started, but I know it was working fine a week ago. The 2 notable programs are League of Legends and Nexus Mod Manager. When I open Nexus Mod Manager, it says it doesn't have rights to the drive Skyrim is on. If I go to program files and run as admin,...