Windows 10: Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?

Discus and support Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow let the computer (Acer Swift 3) stay connected to AC, but without constantly having to charge the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slowandlow, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?

Hello!
    Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow let the computer (Acer Swift 3) stay connected to AC, but without constantly having to charge the battery fully up to 100% ? Does windows 10 have some options in this matter?

Thanx!
    BRG/ Örjan.

Battery charging advice - Windows 10 Forums

Does removing the battery and using the laptop on AC power or having the charger plugged in all the time damage your laptop in any way? - Quora

Ask Ars: The best way to use a lithium-ion battery, redux | Ars Technica

:)

Slowandlow, Jan 8, 2019

2. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Jan 8, 2019
  3. keesadad Win User
    Have problem running on battery since upgrade to 1703

Followed this to the letter except #2 The computer shuts down automatically after #1
    The computer battery icon says 88% available,CHARGING !
    The ACPI-compliant control method battery driver has re-installed. This happened before but I had not gone through all the steps as you described. I'm going to leave it as it while I go out for a doctor appointment.
    Question: what affect could the the message in #41 " PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer" have on this issue? that msg came from running a PowerCfg Energy report from this computer?

keesadad, Jan 8, 2019
  4. clayto Win User

Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?

Battery charging advice

When the battery is fully charged is it necessary to switch the AC charge off? I have had contradictory advice on this, and now due to a charging / battery issue with my 2-in-1 Tablet PC I need to know. If I do turn AC off I usually (not always) find I cannot switch charging back on. For charging to restart I have to Shutdown. Restarting the PC does not cause charging to start again. It can be that at the point charging is required, it is at the least inconvenient to Shutdown. If I have to, so be it, but it would be better if I can leave AC switched on. What usually happens then is when the charge drops to some point around 70% to 80% it starts charging again, automatically.

A related question, is it normal not to be able to run the PC from the AC when the battery charge has fallen to 0%? Or maybe this can be done if the battery is removed, but if so it is not of use to me as my Tablet PC, in common with others, is not easy to open

clayto, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?

1. Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery? - Similar Threads - Possible run computer

2. Battery not charging in running time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging in running time.: when I plug-in my charger in laptop windows 10 not charging but only shows white LED constantly. but when it in sleep mode or shutdown my lapton charging and red LED shows it function. it not charging in running condition noly charging in sleep mood or power off....
  3. Battery not charging in running time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging in running time.: when I plug-in my charger in laptop windows 10 not charging but only shows white LED constantly. but when it in sleep mode or shutdown my lapton charging and red LED shows it function. it not charging in running condition noly charging in sleep mood or power off....
  4. Battery not charging in running time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero: My laptop is msi Bravo 15. I know about the msi dragon center's charging modes this is not about that. My laptops battery is not charging . It is initially at 44% when I know about this issue. When I connect the adaptor the laptop doesn't use the battery it automatically use...
  6. Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero: My laptop is msi Bravo 15. I know about the msi dragon center's charging modes this is not about that. My laptops battery is not charging . It is initially at 44% when I know about this issue. When I connect the adaptor the laptop doesn't use the battery it automatically use...
  7. running on ac instead of battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    running on ac instead of battery: I have an HP laptop. How do I run On AC instead of battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-on-ac-instead-of-battery/b5edead9-83eb-43a5-97c0-0bc9603d4f40
  8. Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter: I have recently replaced my Dell XPS L702X battery this Christmas. I stopped using the computer for about 3 weeks and the battery no longer works. Windows says it has 96 percent and not charging but if I unplug it the power cuts immanently. I followed the manufacture's...
  9. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9
  10. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...