Windows 10: possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

Discus and support possible to show folder SIZE in details view? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Feels crazy that this doesn't happen automatically, but it doesn't seem to in ANY version of windows. When I look at the details view, the size column... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeterPan2000, Jun 14, 2020.

1. possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

Feels crazy that this doesn't happen automatically, but it doesn't seem to in ANY version of windows. When I look at the details view, the size column is empty for folders. Of course if I right click the folder and choose "properties", a dialog box will show me the total of the folders contents. Is there any trick or add on that will enable all the folder sizes to simply display in a details view?

:)

PeterPan2000, Jun 14, 2020

2. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

An alternative would be to use another view with the details pane expanded; although that gives you details on only the selected folder/file.

possible to show folder SIZE in details view? [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

Hi, I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and it looks like the icons got smaller by default in the "details" view in the File Explorer.

Problem:
    • My problem is that now the overlay icons which are used by TortoiseSVN do not seem to show anymore in the "details" view (when they did use to show in all previous versions of Windows). By overlay icons, I mean things like a green arrow or a red exclamation mark which show up on the icon to indicate that the file is up to date in SVN or has been modified (see screenshots below).
    • not good alternative: the overlay icons do appear in the "Medium icons" or bigger view; (but not for "Small icons"), as well as in the "Content" view. But none of these is satisfactory to me as I much prefer the "details" view for the things I do -- I like to be able to see both the SVN status at the same time as the details of files, in a reasonable presentation (I don't like the "Content" view, it wastes too much space when you have a lot of files to go through).

Path to solution:

• I suspect that if there is a way to change the size of the icons in the "details" view, the overlay icons would show up again. The reason I believe this is that the overlay icons do appear in the "details" view when I use the 125% setting in the SYSTEM | Display "Customize your display" setting (which was used by default on my high resolution (1920 x 1080) but small (11.6") laptop screen). See screenshots below:
      • normal (100%) setting for "details" view in File explorer:
      • possible to show folder SIZE in details view? [​IMG]
      • vs. 125% setting -- notice that now we can see the green arrow overlay icon for the folder temp_SKH_code:
      • possible to show folder SIZE in details view? [​IMG]

Question:
    Is it possible to change the size of the icons appearing in the "details" view of the File Explorer (through a registry hack, or anything)? I am also open to any other alternative which would enable me to see the overlay icons of TortoiseSVN in the "details" view at 100% display setting.

Other information:

• As I use the 125% display setting on my laptop, I do not have any problem there. My problem is with the big external monitor (27" 2048 x 1152) that I use for which a 125% display setting would make everything way too big...
    • For more information about the TortoiseSVN overlay icons and potential issues with Windows, see here. I originally thought that this was my problem (see also this post), until I realized that the overlay icons show fine in some of the views of File Explorer, as well as when using the 125% display setting.

Thanks!

LindyCogito, Jun 14, 2020
  4. possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, this does not solve my problem in the "details" view of File Explorer. When in "details" view, CTRL+scroll up once move to "List" view, then to "Small icons", then to bigger sizes for "Small icons", etc. then to "Medium icons", etc. Any CTRL+scroll up or down takes me out of the details view when starting from the details view -- so I cannot have both the bigger icon as well as the details as I said I wanted.

LindyCogito, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

possible to show folder SIZE in details view?

1. possible to show folder SIZE in details view? - Similar Threads - possible show folder

2. Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my folder view keep reverting to details view?: I keep trying to set my file explorer to show files in medium icons, but when I close it, it then opens with list view again. How can I get it to remember my choices...
  3. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  4. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type: Hi all,I would like to view ALL the folders I open with details AND columns set in this sequence: name-size-date-typeI never succeed in having this: I have made view/options/view/apply to folders but the question is Do you want all folders OF THIS TYPE to match etc...In...
  5. Setting default folder views with details/name/size/date/type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  7. Is it Possible to Show folder size too in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it Possible to Show folder size too in explorer: hi, i am using windows 10 and i want to show folder size too in explorer [img] 107059
  8. Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to customize icon size in "details" view in explorer?: Hi, I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10 and it looks like the icons got smaller by default in the "details" view in the File Explorer. Problem: My problem is that now the overlay icons which are used by TortoiseSVN do not seem to show anymore in the "details" view (when...
  9. Wrong icons showing in Details view

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icons showing in Details view: I'm seeing incorrect icons displayed under Windows 10 for certain executable files when viewed in Windows 10 Explorer in Details view. If I change the folder view to Thumbnails, the correct icon is shown, but if I switch back to Details view they're still displayed...
  10. Folder view always reverts to 'details'

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder view always reverts to 'details': I want to set all my folder views to List and have set it to be so from folder options several times but it keeps reverting to Details. Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this? And either way is there a master setting somewhere (like default programs) where I can...