Windows 10: Possible To Sort Files By End Of Name ?

Discus and support Possible To Sort Files By End Of Name ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My screenshots end in _reddit, _twitch, etc. Can I sort the file names by the ending to make them easier to organise ? Thanks submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dsfag45rtavdfv, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Possible To Sort Files By End Of Name ?

My screenshots end in _reddit, _twitch, etc. Can I sort the file names by the ending to make them easier to organise ?

Thanks

submitted by /u/dsfag45rtavdfv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dsfag45rtavdfv, Nov 18, 2020
  2. White Win User

List file names than a folder.

Is there a bat file to generate the list of file names that I have inside a folder?
    If possible you can help me to do it or give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Please.

White, Nov 18, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to sort by file name?

Hi Walter,

There is a lot of files on a PC, and Windows system files will produce a lot of duplicates, which are required . . .

Open Windows File Explorer

Navigate to whatever drive or folder you want to search

In the search box at the top right, enter *.* and hit Enter, that will bring up a list of every file - it may be a very long list, you can then sort by file name to find duplicates . . .

DaveM121, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Possible To Sort Files By End Of Name ?

File Folder ahead in sort by ''Name''

Hello Luka,

There are a few reason why your folders are sorted by Name. For us to narrow it down, kindly answer the questions listed below:

• What do you mean by ahead?
    • Can you send a screenshot on where you're trying to sort your folders?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Possible To Sort Files By End Of Name ?

1. Possible To Sort Files By End Of Name ? - Similar Threads - Possible Sort Files

2. How to remove end of the file name if the end varies?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove end of the file name if the end varies?: HiI need to remove part of the file name from multiple files. File name extensions vary as does the text I want to get rid of. So is there a PowerShell script that can for example remove everything between " - " and "."?Example of what I'm after:Demo - 200704270834.jpg ->...
  3. How to remove end of the file name if the end varies?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove end of the file name if the end varies?: HiI need to remove part of the file name from multiple files. File name extensions vary as does the text I want to get rid of. So is there a PowerShell script that can for example remove everything between " - " and "."?Example of what I'm after:Demo - 200704270834.jpg ->...
  4. How to remove end of the file name if the end varies?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Possible in Explorer to sort files by date, but folders by name in same pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible in Explorer to sort files by date, but folders by name in same pane?: I believe this is not possible, and hasn't changed since Windows Vista or 7, but figured I'll ask and maybe learn something new in Windows 11. I know that I can sort files by date and folders appear above them by clicking on the "Date modified" column heading, then while...
  6. Possible in Explorer to sort files by date, but folders by name in same pane?

Possible in Explorer to sort files by date, but folders by name in same pane?: I believe this is not possible, and hasn't changed since Windows Vista or 7, but figured I'll ask and maybe learn something new in Windows 11. I know that I can sort files by date and folders appear above them by clicking on the "Date modified" column heading, then while...
  7. What are the file name sorting rules ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the file name sorting rules ?: >> Is there a place in Microsoft that describes the official file name sorting rules?Are the rules the same for w10 and w11 ?Does it make a difference when using One Drive ?I have used _ and __ as the first characters of file names for years to keep files at the top of a...
  8. What are the file name sorting rules ?

What are the file name sorting rules ?: >> Is there a place in Microsoft that describes the official file name sorting rules?Are the rules the same for w10 and w11 ?Does it make a difference when using One Drive ?I have used _ and __ as the first characters of file names for years to keep files at the top of a...
  9. Unable to Sort File Names

Unable to Sort File Names: Hello - I downloaded several years of Bank statements and because I could not make sense of their numbering system, I renamed the PDFs using the month & year. I thought MS would sort using these numbers, but it's not happening. I used names like 520.pdf and 521.pdf for...
  10. File Folder Sorting by date in name

File Folder Sorting by date in name: I have folders where the name starts with the date. IE: 04.14.21 Name, which is April 14, 2021. How do I sort these by Newest to Oldest date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-sorting-by-date-in-name/618a448c-717d-40bb-870b-a52badbddc56

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sort file by name back to front