Windows 10: Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

Discus and support Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by teckneeculler, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer.
    He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market)
    The local merchant\product is here:Buy the Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6" FHD Intel i7-10510U 12GB 512GB... ( NX.HNDSA.00C ) online - PBTech.co.nz.
    Question: Is there a major impediment to upgrading from 10Home (ie, chipset\CPU limitation) on this or any other Home laptop,or is it just a matter of purchasing an upgrade key? Acer's driver website doesn't seem to offer drivers beyond 10 Home.

:)

teckneeculler, Aug 2, 2020
  2. peterjax Win User

W8.1 pro upgrades to W10 Home

My laptop, running W8.1 pro was upgraded to W10, but the version is W10 Home. How can I revert back to W10 Pro? Why did it not upgrade to W10 Pro initially?

peterjax, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

Will I upgrade to W10 Pro or Home?

Edit: I was able to upgrade to W10 Pro RTM and activate. The responses below that say this is not possible are wrong. Mentioned here also Build 10240: Did you get assigned a license/product key? : Windows10

Hi, I have a laptop with OEM key in the BIOS which shipped with W8 Core and I installed W10 Pro TP Build 10162.

Will I upgrade to W10 Pro? Or will I upgrade to W10 Home? Thanks.

nosecureboot, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

1. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise? - Similar Threads - Possible upgrade W10

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  4. Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade W10 Home to Pro: Hello, I got a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Home and wanted to upgrade it to Pro. I purchased an OEM license and could try to activate it, but I get 0xC004F090 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run ... I tried to use a generic...
  5. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  6. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  7. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  8. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  9. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  10. Will I upgrade to W10 Pro or Home?

Will I upgrade to W10 Pro or Home?: Edit: I was able to upgrade to W10 Pro RTM and activate. The responses below that say this is not possible are wrong. Mentioned here also Build 10240: Did you get assigned a license/product key? : Windows10 Hi, I have a laptop with OEM key in the BIOS which shipped with W8...