Windows 10: Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?

Discus and support Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, if you turn on light theme the icons in taskbar (icon tray) like WiFi, volume etc turn black. Is it possible to use the black themes icons while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobatanything, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?

So, if you turn on light theme the icons in taskbar (icon tray) like WiFi, volume etc turn black. Is it possible to use the black themes icons while using the overall dark theme on Windows?

submitted by /u/noobatanything
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noobatanything, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Bardy_ Win User

Apply dark theme to taskbar only

I performed the April 2018 update, and afterwards noticed that my taskbar looked different.

Old taskbar

New taskbar

In the colour menu within the personalisation menu, I found a setting labelled "choose your default app mode", with dark and light options. Setting it to dark makes the taskbar look the way I want it to, but applies the dark theme to all settings menus too.
    I want to apply the dark theme to the taskbar, and leave the light theme on in settings menus. Is this possible? This is how it was before the update.

Thanks, Bardy.

Bardy_, Oct 18, 2020
  3. MMO
    mmo Win User
    Half of my taskbar icons are black on black ||-( How to make visible?

I find it unspeakably maddening that MS occasionally fiddles with basic UI settings and pesters users with "features" they never asked for! E.g. this "dark theme" that pops up everywhere is about as desirable and useful as a goiter. ||-(
    It may be useful to save a few milliwatts on a tablet or a phone but I never ever want to see that theme on my Work-PC!

After the last Windows update (v1909 Build 18363.535) suddenly about half of my taskbar icons are now black on black (or to be precise: very dark on black), i.e. practically invisible (see the attached screenshot - I circled the areas where those icons are in yellow) unless one hovers over them (then they turn into black on dark gray and become just barely recognizable). This is such a thoughtless bullshit!

How do I make my taskbar icons visible and usable again?

4. Edwin Win User

Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?

Build 10162 and Dark Theme

Hmmm..., strange. I don't know what to suggest.
    Maybe a reboot?

Edwin, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme?

1. Possible to use black icons of taskbar with dark theme? - Similar Threads - Possible black icons

2. Dark theme with black font on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark theme with black font on Task Manager: As title say, how to resolve this? Just like this after last update. Please see attachments for details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-with-black-font-on-task-manager/41c03bd5-eecf-4923-99fe-a7f8bc454d20
  3. Dark theme with black font on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark theme with black font on Task Manager: As title say, how to resolve this? Just like this after last update. Please see attachments for details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-with-black-font-on-task-manager/41c03bd5-eecf-4923-99fe-a7f8bc454d20
  4. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  5. Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  6. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  7. dark theme

dark theme: need dark theme for all apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/4752842f-8df5-4a38-83a8-590fbb1edad8
  8. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?: So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is overwhelming and would suite me much better if i could force it to be a dark gray. How do you customize the window color for dark...
  9. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319
  10. Dark theme

Dark theme: I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls? 24243