Windows 10: Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

Discus and support Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have this custom-built laptop that did not come with Windows installed on it, but at the time I was able to obtain a Windows 10 Education edition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Faith_730, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Faith_730 Win User

Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

So, I have this custom-built laptop that did not come with Windows installed on it, but at the time I was able to obtain a Windows 10 Education edition license for it because I was in college just from the campus store. The laptop is very worn down and doesn't even stay powered on without the charger at all, so I don't need it.I now have a Windows desktop I built so it also did not come with windows installed and I need a license for it. My question is:Would it be possible to upgrade my desktop's license-less Windows to the Education edition using the laptop's license and just use the Educat

:)

Faith_730, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

1. Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows? - Similar Threads - Possible Education non

2. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  3. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  4. Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?: So, I have this custom-built laptop that did not come with Windows installed on it, but at the time I was able to obtain a Windows 10 Education edition license for it because I was in college just from the campus store. The laptop is very worn down and doesn't even stay...
  5. Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?: So, I have this custom-built laptop that did not come with Windows installed on it, but at the time I was able to obtain a Windows 10 Education edition license for it because I was in college just from the campus store. The laptop is very worn down and doesn't even stay...
  6. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key: Hello, my desktop is win 10 home edition. I just bought a win 10 pro OEM key, but I still cannot upgrade my win 10 home to pro. It is appreciated for your help....
  7. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  8. Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?

Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Education license and I would know if I can use it for a Windows 10 Pro installation. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-windows-10-education-license-on-windows-10-pro/f2ab2b27-b42f-4ee5-bc03-d229c45bc515"
  9. RE: Intel NUCi7 upgrading of Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro using OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: Intel NUCi7 upgrading of Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro using OEM: We have encountered some issue with the upgrade installation of the Win 10 Pro on brand new Intel NUCi7 set originally with Win10 Home Pre-installed. Using Win 10 PRO OEM. However it reverts back automatically to home edition on reboot. Any chance you can advise on how we...
  10. Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 8 Home OEM to 10 Pro.. via 7 Pro OEM disk?: I've ordered a refurbished Asus laptop that has Win 8 Home preinstalled. I want to upgrade to Win 10 Pro. What'd be the ideal/doable path to do that, considering... I have Win 7 Pro OEM disc.. I don't have any Win 10 discs. Can I download and do clean install Win 10 Pro...