Windows 10: Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid?

Discus and support Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I wanted to move some files to an old usb drive I had sitting around. Little did I know that drive was infected with a worm that Defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMedLee, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid?

Last night I wanted to move some files to an old usb drive I had sitting around. Little did I know that drive was infected with a worm that Defender picked up and removed. I did a couple of scans after ejecting the drive and it all came back clear. Later that night I did one more scan, and it said that it detected and removed something called "Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml" that was located in my appdata folder under local/google/chrome/userdata/shadercache/GPUCache/f_0001d0 and local/google/chrome/userdata/shadercache/GPUCache/f_0001f2. I have since reset all my passwords to be safe and have been performing scans with Defender and Malwarebytes throughout the day, all coming back clear. I want to assume it was a false positive, but considering I insertedthat infected usb earlier, it concerns me that the two detections were possibly linked.

I have never had a virus, let alone a trojan, so I am unsure if I still have reason to worry even though everything is coming back negative. Am I being overly paranoid or was the trojan possibly a false positive?

submitted by /u/TheMedLee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMedLee, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Jan 6, 2021
  4. mitrajoon Win User

Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid?

Virus Trojan:32/Wacatac.DC!ml not completely remediated on Windows PC

One more time, looking for help on this. I go through the extensive list of steps above, including running script, adaware, cleaner and emisoft. No problems noted. I make sure the temp file and WD Service files are empty. I shut down the computer. In the morning I start up and a notification says WD has blocked wacatack trojan. The time listed is the time I shut down.

Anyone?

mitrajoon, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid?

1. Possible Trojan: Am I being overly paranoid? - Similar Threads - Possible Trojan being

2. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  3. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  4. Full stop possible trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full stop possible trojan: My machine came to a halt when I was looking for a recipe on the internet. The security message was very threatening amd warned not to turn of the machine. It advised me to telephone for support. The number was 855 641-1583. Garbled voice. He called me back from 601 206-0507...
  5. trojan possibly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trojan possibly?: so I get really worried about virus's often and I noticed that explorer.exe and dllhost.exe are running in the background so I checked file location and they where in the right place so I'm about 95% sure they are legit but online it says if both of those are running at the...
  6. Am I being Paranoid of Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Am I being Paranoid of Virus?: I downloaded an item with an exe file a few hours ago. When I, stupidly, tried to open it, it got defended and deleted the file. I deleted the entire folder, as well as wiped the trash can. I also ran a scan with avg, malwarebytes, and a quick windows defender scan. Should I...
  7. Extremely paranoid after recent Trojan cryptominer infection (winrmsrv.exe). Did a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely paranoid after recent Trojan cryptominer infection (winrmsrv.exe). Did a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kittyembryo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8nk2w/extremely_paranoid_after_recent_trojan/
  8. Possible Trojan Virus

Possible Trojan Virus: I run Windows 10 Home on my Lap Top. In Windows Settings/Windows Security/Virus & Threat Protection/Protection History under "All recent items" it shows “Remediation incomplete” and status as "severe" in respect of a Trojan virus. Originally when I received the virus alert,...
  9. Weird behavior, possible Trojan

Weird behavior, possible Trojan: Symptoms: 1. Volume icon appears with a red cross even though all sound devices are working. 2. With UAC set to default, a notification pops up at startup asking my permission to run explorer.exe 3. I can't run some programs. 4. Malwarebytes web protection suddenly...
  10. Am I becoming paranoid?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I becoming paranoid?: Some years ago I had a laptop crash but had everything backed up ok. Then I got a PC and after a few years had a disk crash but all was backed up and it wasn't my C: drive so no great problem. This last month I bought a new PC with Windows 10 installed on its SSD, and...